British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   WP question for a newby (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/wp-question-newby-468148/)

burbschook Jul 22nd 2007 10:35 pm

WP question for a newby

Hi everyone
I'm new here & already need your help. We are waiting for WP for OH & currently on tourist visa. When OH gets his WP (2+) how do I get my visa status changed? I won't be working as we're going to submit EOI & take it from there. Our TV is until mid-Nov. Thanks in advance.
Hubby is a plumber by the way.

Cheers!:thumbsup:

happynz Jul 22nd 2007 11:40 pm

Re: WP question for a newby

Originally Posted by Vikkichic (Post 5091627)
Hi everyone
I'm new here & already need your help.

Ok
:)

We are waiting for WP for OH & currently on tourist visa. When OH gets his WP (2+) how do I get my visa status changed? I won't be working as we're going to submit EOI & take it from there. Our TV is until mid-Nov. Thanks in advance.

Here's the drill. You need proof of genuine relationship, photographs, letters, utility bills addressed to you both, that sort of thing to back your claim of being in a genuine relationship.
By (2+) am I right in assuming that it is a two year work permit? If so, that would mean you need medical certs and police clearances. If the permit was for less than one year you wouldn't need those right away.
Anyway, assuming that your significant other (SO) gets a work permit and you have satisfied NZIS that you are in a genuine relationship you will be given an open work permit allowing you to work for anyone at anything, no particular restrictions. If you choose not to work it won't make any difference. You still get to stay. Your permit will be of the same duration as your SO.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.

BEVS Jul 23rd 2007 12:08 am

Hi everyone
I'm new here & already need your help. We are waiting for WP for OH & currently on tourist visa. When OH gets his WP (2+) how do I get my visa status changed? I won't be working as we're going to submit EOI & take it from there. Our TV is until mid-Nov. Thanks in advance.

A plumber eh? Meet another plumbers wife.
We've been here 3 years. Husband is now a registered NZ plumber having passed the PGDB registration exams and hoping to take the MasterCraftsman exams this coming year. He works mainly on new builds at the moment .

burbschook Jul 23rd 2007 8:06 pm

Thanks for the quick reply & very helpful.
Yes Bevsere, I've been reading your posts for awhile & in fact it's your input that's given us the courage to have a go. I have a feeling we'll be talking often now.
Cheers:thumbup:

BEVS Jul 23rd 2007 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Vikkichic (Post 5095726)
Thanks for the quick reply & very helpful.
Yes Bevsere, I've been reading your posts for awhile & in fact it's your input that's given us the courage to have a go. I have a feeling we'll be talking often now.
Cheers:thumbup:

:eek::thumbup: or should that be :ohmy::p

Shame you're not coming in the next two months and looking to Nelson. I know someone looking for a plumber.

P2L Jul 23rd 2007 10:37 pm

BEV you're a big tease :rofl::rofl: :sneaky: