British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Would INZ Accept an Email Employment Contract (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/would-inz-accept-email-employment-contract-792356/)

bahluah Mar 30th 2013 10:21 pm

Would INZ Accept an Email Employment Contract

Hi all,

I have received ITA for the resident visa under Skilled Migrant Category and has started to prepare documents for a month. Now all are ready except the original Employment Contract which was scanned and emailed to me, and was also posted to me one month ago.

Now I have not received the Employment Contract from the snail mail yet and am wondering if INZ would accept the Employment Contract directly sent from my future company via email.

Thanks in advance!

MrsFychan Mar 31st 2013 1:58 am

Re: Would INZ Accept an Email Employment Contract

My husband was asked for paper copy, initiallythe job offer didn't fit with what our CO wanted so he had to get it amended about three times, each time with every paged signed by the employer. bloody pain in the butt as he had to get get couriered every time.(he was already working in NZ on a temp work visa) but got there eventually

bahluah Mar 31st 2013 2:51 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10632817)
My husband was asked for paper copy, initiallythe job offer didn't fit with what our CO wanted so he had to get it amended about three times, each time with every paged signed by the employer. bloody pain in the butt as he had to get get couriered every time.(he was already working in NZ on a temp work visa) but got there eventually

Thanks for sharing your experience!!

I have waited for the mail for a month. The company must have mailed the contract via snail mail. I guess I have to request them to use the courier after Tuesday...

mikelincs Mar 31st 2013 9:00 am

Originally Posted by bahluah (Post 10632678)
Hi all,

I have received ITA for the resident visa under Skilled Migrant Category and has started to prepare documents for a month. Now all are ready except the original Employment Contract which was scanned and emailed to me, and was also posted to me one month ago.

Now I have not received the Employment Contract from the snail mail yet and am wondering if INZ would accept the Employment Contract directly sent from my future company via email.

Thanks in advance!

A fax might be acceptable AFAIK as e mails are not considered legal documents due to the fact that anyone can create an account to send one, faxes are different as they are copies of the original documnet, I know when sending money from opne country to another I had to get a document, and they would accept a fax

bahluah Mar 31st 2013 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 10633064)
A fax might be acceptable AFAIK as e mails are not considered legal documents due to the fact that anyone can create an account to send one, faxes are different as they are copies of the original documnet, I know when sending money from opne country to another I had to get a document, and they would accept a fax

Thanks for the idea!