is it worth paying to go in the pool?

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

GILDOC will become famous soon enough
Default is it worth paying to go in the pool?

We have 105 points, do you think its worth going into the pool, they haven't picked anyone with 105 points since March
Thanks
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of
Default Re: is it worth paying to go in the pool?

I think it depends on your work experience and so on, doesn't it? I read somewhere on this site that the number of applications has gone right down, so that might mean you are more likely to be picked.
good luck!
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:07 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Is there no way you can get 5 more points? Are you sure you have 105? Could you secure a job offer? That adds 50 points I think. We thought we had 135 then we were told we had 110 and chucked back into the pool, I was terrified because 110 wasn't chosen all that much either.

The pool isn't large these days, so hopefully you'll get lucky too
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:22 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Well it depends on what you are claiming points for, I'm assuming you don't have a job offer. If you are claiming bonus points for work experience or have a qualification on the long term skill shortage list then there is a very good chance you'll be selected, if not then obviously it all depends on whether the draw gets down to 105 points. You may need to secure a job offer first I suppose...or you may be lucky
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

GILDOC will become famous soon enough

Hi thanks for your replies.

We def only have 105 points without a job offer, I work in medical admin with an HNC and husband is a slater/plasterer with no qualifications so chances are we wouldn't get a job offer, think we would need to have a better profession.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

We got picked with 115 points, so hang in there.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

A part time qualification could be an option.
There must be plastering type qualifications out there.

Could you not build on your HNC?

The only other way as people have mentioned is to get a job offer. Scout the web for potential companies and drop them an email explaining circumstances and desires.