Working Visa Query

Old Jul 28th 2018, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Bourdain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working Visa Query

Hi,

I have a slightly unique situation, my mother has just moved to New Zealand and is on a working Visa and she's flying me out so I can attempt to get one. She is skilled in something NZ is short on.

I am not qualified in anything on the skills list. I'm from UK and 32, so over the age for a 'holiday working visa' and now I'm worried I'm going to find it impossible.

I am skilled in sales, call centres and recruitment and also have 5 years chef experience from being 18-23. I have no qualifications though.

What I was hoping was to get a job in a call centre or kitchen or a recruitment job, get the job offer and use that t get a working Visa.

Is this going to be simple? My worry is the employer has to prove they could not get a New Zealander to do the job.... how stringent is this? What I'm really asking is; say I find a job in smallish restaurant or in a call centre not on the accredited list, what will that company then have to do? I'm worried they will be put off by having to prove they couldn't get New Zealander for the role.

Its frustrating because a holiday working visa is for up t 35 year olds for so many countries but NOT UK. Im worried this is going to ruin my plans and I'm isolated in the UK with no other family.

Any help and guidance will be greatly appreciated!
Old Jul 28th 2018, 9:44 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Visa Query

Unfortunately I cannot see that you would be able to find a job that would allow you to worK. Even if you had the right qualification for Chef work I do not believe it would enable a permanent visa. You could look at BUNAC visa that goes up to 35 but this is only a temp visa. Immigration are strict on the criteria for issuing visas.
Old Aug 27th 2018, 10:47 pm
JW5
Just Joined

JW5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working Visa Query

Originally Posted by Bourdain View Post
Hi,

I have a slightly unique situation, my mother has just moved to New Zealand and is on a working Visa and she's flying me out so I can attempt to get one. She is skilled in something NZ is short on.

I am not qualified in anything on the skills list. I'm from UK and 32, so over the age for a 'holiday working visa' and now I'm worried I'm going to find it impossible.

I am skilled in sales, call centres and recruitment and also have 5 years chef experience from being 18-23. I have no qualifications though.

What I was hoping was to get a job in a call centre or kitchen or a recruitment job, get the job offer and use that t get a working Visa.

Is this going to be simple? My worry is the employer has to prove they could not get a New Zealander to do the job.... how stringent is this? What I'm really asking is; say I find a job in smallish restaurant or in a call centre not on the accredited list, what will that company then have to do? I'm worried they will be put off by having to prove they couldn't get New Zealander for the role.

Its frustrating because a holiday working visa is for up t 35 year olds for so many countries but NOT UK. Im worried this is going to ruin my plans and I'm isolated in the UK with no other family.

Any help and guidance will be greatly appreciated!

BUNAC would be the way to go. It will only give you a year but is a start. We did it that way.