Working on partners skills visa

Old Aug 25th 2011, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

IainandAnita is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Working on partners skills visa

Hi there,
My hubby is applying for the Skilled Visa and will bring me and the little one with him.
What I want to know is am I allowed to work ? Do I need a separate visa to work and what is it called? I currently have two jobs here in the U.K and would miss being active.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 2:47 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Working on partners skills visa

Kia Ora & welcome to our cosy wee Nz forum.

When you say Skilled Visa, do you mean a temporary work visa because your husband has a job offer and needs to arrive to start working

or

do you mean that you , as a family, wish to apply to emigrate under the Skilled Migrant policy ?
Old Aug 26th 2011, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

IainandAnita is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Kia Ora & welcome to our cosy wee Nz forum.

When you say Skilled Visa, do you mean a temporary work visa because your husband has a job offer and needs to arrive to start working

or

do you mean that you , as a family, wish to apply to emigrate under the Skilled Migrant policy ?
Well I think that we are going for the Skilled visa and I think that this allows partners and children on it? but he is off to NZ in a weeks time at the beginning of September (Christchurch nr West Melton) to stay with friends and see if he can get employment. As he is self employed here he has got that freedom to come and go and I am staying in the U.K at work at a local Secondary School with my children to carry on the house ...mainly pack up and sell what I can so we do not have to bring it with us. We are all commited to the move.
Old Aug 28th 2011, 10:44 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Looking at your other posts, you and your family are hoping to emigrate to New Zealand under the Skilled Migrant points base policy.

Your OH needs a job offer to boost the points and your chances. He is a plumber by trade.

If he is successful in finding a job offer which New Zealand Immigration will accept then you could perhaps look to coming over on temporary work visas . That would get you here in NZ for the NZ employer. He would apply using his Nz contract of employment. You would apply for an open temporary work visa on the back of his application and for any children you would apply for student visas.

If an NZ employer is willing to wait then you would apply for NZ residency as a family. He would be the main applicant and you would be included with that application.

does this answer your query?