Working holiday visa

Old Sep 27th 2015, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Location: ex Katikati, Omokoroa now Mildenhall UK :-(, 12 days and counting till we are back in NZ!!
tease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nice
Default Working holiday visa

I understand that a working holiday visa can be for either 12 or 23 months and you have to prove that you have $350 per month for the length of visa you apply, my question is this - does the money have to be proven all the way through the length of the visa on a diminishing amount or do you just need to provide proof of the money being in your bank at the point of application? Thanks.
Old Sep 27th 2015, 10:18 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working holiday visa

You'll need to show proof of funds at the time of application. They won't be requesting you supply bank statements every month during your stay.
Old Sep 30th 2015, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

I think they can ask for proof of funds when you're entering the country (though they rarely do). I brought bank statements with me in my luggage but never needed them.
Old Sep 30th 2015, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Location: ex Katikati, Omokoroa now Mildenhall UK :-(, 12 days and counting till we are back in NZ!!
tease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nice

As an extra once you apply for a working holiday visa and it has been issued does it start to expire once you make landfall, and do you have a period before it expires (ie before you have to make landfall) or does it start to expire from date of issue?
Old Sep 30th 2015, 9:50 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tease View Post
As an extra once you apply for a working holiday visa and it has been issued does it start to expire once you make landfall, and do you have a period before it expires (ie before you have to make landfall) or does it start to expire from date of issue?
I don't know about this visa in particular but speaking for visas in general you usually are given a period of time from the date of issue to enter the country, usually three months, and then your time starts ticking down from the date you enter the country.
Old Oct 1st 2015, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

Mine started to expire once I landed and was formally approved to enter.
Old Oct 4th 2015, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

karen87 is an unknown quantity at this point

tease, the visa will start to expire once you're approved entry into NZ, but you must enter NZ by the expiry date on the visa or the visa will become invalid.

In regards to proof of funds...we printed off bank statements to show we had enough savings for our visa duration, however, we were never asked to physically show proof of funds at immigration, or in fact the WHV itself! We had our passports scanned and the WHV was electronically attached to our passport numbers apparently, so we didn't have to show a shred of paperwork at the entry point, which was a little disconcerting, but the immigration officer said this was how it's done now.