Working Holiday, a few quick questions

Old Apr 30th 2018, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

RealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond repute
Default Working Holiday, a few quick questions

Hello all. Currently going through an incredibly stressful permanent residency application for Canada that I am fairly sure will not be accepted and so I've decided to go to NZ on a two year working holiday if this falls through.

My first question is about the age cut off, I turn 31 in December but have read the age cut off is from when the visa is granted and I've read it can be as quick as 48 hours, so I feel like I have plenty of time.

My second question is regarding funds, for 2 years I will need £4,114 in my account ($350 for each day) which I will be able to save by New Year but my question is, is it like Australia where you show proof of funds on entry or do I have to show this during the application? Because I'd like to apply as soon as I find out about Canada which will be by the end of summer but wont have the money saved until just before my 31st birthday.

Thanks.
Old May 1st 2018, 8:47 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Holiday, a few quick questions

Hi and welcome to our little bit of BE.

On the WHV you can only work for a maximum of 12months out of the 23 months.

If you go for the 23mth you will need a medical and chest xray.

"You must have at least NZ $350 to live on for each month of your stay in New Zealand.
We may ask to see evidence of your funds when you arrive in New Zealand"

Visa processing time scale is 20 working days atm.

You have 12mths to enter NZ after the visa is granted. So if you apply for it now, they grant it 25th May 2018 you have upto 25 May 2019 to enter NZ and activate it.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isa#conditions

use the tabs at top of page for the sections relating to the visa
Old May 1st 2018, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

RealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Hi and welcome to our little bit of BE.

On the WHV you can only work for a maximum of 12months out of the 23 months.

If you go for the 23mth you will need a medical and chest xray.

"You must have at least NZ $350 to live on for each month of your stay in New Zealand.
We may ask to see evidence of your funds when you arrive in New Zealand"

Visa processing time scale is 20 working days atm.

You have 12mths to enter NZ after the visa is granted. So if you apply for it now, they grant it 25th May 2018 you have upto 25 May 2019 to enter NZ and activate it.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isa#conditions

use the tabs at top of page for the sections relating to the visa
I could do two different jobs though right? Or is it only one?

Thanks
Old May 1st 2018, 10:33 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

you can do part time work, you must not take up a permanent position, so you could say work in a bar/cafe/hotel at the same time as working part time in say a call centre. over the 23 months you must not work more than 12 months in total.
Old May 1st 2018, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
you can do part time work, you must not take up a permanent position, so you could say work in a bar/cafe/hotel at the same time as working part time in say a call centre. over the 23 months you must not work more than 12 months in total.
Damn, might be a bit of a dealbreaker there. Australia you can work for the two years but only 6 months at a time in each job...hmmmm decisions
Old May 1st 2018, 7:38 pm

you could get a job with full time hours but it must not be a permanent position on that visa and it must not last more than 12 months.
Old May 1st 2018, 10:08 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RealVileLev
Damn, might be a bit of a dealbreaker there. Australia you can work for the two years but only 6 months at a time in each job...hmmmm decisions
That's not correct. The Australian WHV is for 12 months and there is a possibility to apply for a second year if you meet the criteria - under age 31 and have proof of working for 3 months in a designated rural or remote location. As you are turning 31 in December you would not qualify for the second year so would only be able to stay 12 months.
Old May 2nd 2018, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
That's not correct. The Australian WHV is for 12 months and there is a possibility to apply for a second year if you meet the criteria - under age 31 and have proof of working for 3 months in a designated rural or remote location. As you are turning 31 in December you would not qualify for the second year so would only be able to stay 12 months.

Damn, that's dissapointing. Probably not worth it then.