British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Working Holiday BUNAC visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/working-holiday-bunac-visa-804521/)

MrsGreen2013 Jul 30th 2013 9:15 am

Working Holiday BUNAC visa

Does anyone know - if I am entering on the Working holiday visa before processing my skilled migrant application will I have to enter on a 'return ticket'

Like wise I am guessing my husband who will be coming over with me but entering on a tourist visa, will also need a 'return ticket'

Thanks all

Sarah

MrsFychan Jul 30th 2013 9:41 am

Re: Working Holiday BUNAC visa

not sure on you with that visa but you husband on a visitors visa will need to show onward flight.

MrsGreen2013 Jul 30th 2013 9:49 am

Thank you !!

Persephone Jul 30th 2013 4:13 pm

I think the visa is marked with something saying that a return/onward flight is waived if you don't need one:unsure:

kodachrome Jul 31st 2013 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10826996)
I think the visa is marked with something saying that a return/onward flight is waived if you don't need one:unsure:

Weirdly it does say that ("Return/Onward ticket not required") even though Bunac say you need to show $1500 dollars or a return ticket. Its also not referred to as a Work Holiday Visa, but as a 12mth Work Visa.

MrsGreen2013 Jul 31st 2013 1:21 pm

Thanks All, yes you are right

it is labelled Work Visa with no need for onward ticket or evidence of funds! :thumbsup:

Persephone Jul 31st 2013 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by MrsGreen2013 (Post 10828391)
Thanks All, yes you are right

it is labelled Work Visa with no need for onward ticket or evidence of funds! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Just need one for the husband! You could consider buying a refundable return ticket or some people have bought a refundable ticket to Australia. All you need is onwards travel out of NZ to a country you have the right to enter:)

MrsGreen2013 Jul 31st 2013 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10828702)
:thumbsup:

Just need one for the husband! You could consider buying a refundable return ticket or some people have bought a refundable ticket to Australia. All you need is onwards travel out of NZ to a country you have the right to enter:)

Would do but as I'm having great fun reminding him its for under 35's he's to old :eek::rofl: Australia is a good shout as my brother is there so maybe we'll pay now so that we have a holiday planned for the future

House on the market today - eeeeekkkk now just hope it sells:fingerscrossed: