Working on Family visa?

Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:23 pm
Dorfus wafflebutt

littletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nice
Default Working on Family visa?

I am writing on behalf of my friend who had problems registering on this forum. Her husband is applying for a WTR visa, therefore she is applying for a family visa to accompany this. Will she be able to work with this visa, or is a seperate work visa required? If needed she can apply herself as she makes the points quota, although im guessing this would take longer.
If she was to work would she need a job offer or is an open work permit an option.

Hope you can help, im actually a member on the canadian forum so just trying to help a friend in the same postion as me.

Karen
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:04 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Working on Family visa?

Originally Posted by littletwinkle46
I am writing on behalf of my friend who had problems registering on this forum. Her husband is applying for a WTR visa, therefore she is applying for a family visa to accompany this. Will she be able to work with this visa, or is a separate work visa required? If needed she can apply herself as she makes the points quota, although im guessing this would take longer.
If she was to work would she need a job offer or is an open work permit an option.

Hope you can help, im actually a member on the canadian forum so just trying to help a friend in the same position as me.

Karen
She will get an open work visa whereby when she arrives she will be stamped in with a work permit allowing her to work for whomever at whatever. Her husband will be tied to the sponsoring employer.

I'm pretty sure this is how it works.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:44 pm
Dorfus wafflebutt

littletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nice

Ok thanks i will pass that on.

Karen
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Tallia will become famous soon enoughTallia will become famous soon enough

Yes it works exactly as Happynz explained, at least thats how it worked for us

I applied for a general work visa based on my husbands WTR application and with proof of relationship and husbands declaration he will support his OH they will grant the work visa.