British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Work Visas -HGV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/work-visas-hgv-588708/)

jojo3 Feb 2nd 2009 12:01 pm

Work Visas -HGV

Hi

I have just had a very interesting conversation with a member of staff from Golden Sands Immigration .

We have been struggling to get some definite answers re. HGV Class 1 Drivers entering NZ on a Work to Residency Visa.

The criteria is to earn $55k per year, work a minimum of 40 hr a week, employed by an accredited company and after 2 years everything honkey-dorey, apply for a Residency Visa. However, we have spoken to a couple of haulage companies, Linfox and McDowells (no longer accredited) who explained that one could not earn $55k on a 40 hr a week - more like a 70 hr a week! Problem.

Golden Sands advised me today that if you pay £5k to them (family of four kids aged under 6) they guarantee interviews and job for the first year. After the first year they would apply on your behalf for residency using a point system similar to Essential Work Category. They explained that if my OH works in NZ for a year this counts as 60points - you need 100points to get residency - 40points made up from age (he is currently 48) and qualifications. Also, the company that my husband works for does not have to accredited. They guarantee residency.

I have never heard of this pathway.

Can anybody shed any light on this way of entry?
Has anybody had any dealings with Golden Sands, what is their reputation like?
Any success stories?
Has anybody heard of this way of getting into NZ.

Thanks for reading.

Jo

angpaul Feb 2nd 2009 3:52 pm

Re: Work Visas -HGV

Originally Posted by jojo3 (Post 7239451)
Hi

I have just had a very interesting conversation with a member of staff from Golden Sands Immigration .

We have been struggling to get some definite answers re. HGV Class 1 Drivers entering NZ on a Work to Residency Visa.

The criteria is to earn $55k per year, work a minimum of 40 hr a week, employed by an accredited company and after 2 years everything honkey-dorey, apply for a Residency Visa. However, we have spoken to a couple of haulage companies, Linfox and McDowells (no longer accredited) who explained that one could not earn $55k on a 40 hr a week - more like a 70 hr a week! Problem.

Golden Sands advised me today that if you pay £5k to them (family of four kids aged under 6) they guarantee interviews and job for the first year. After the first year they would apply on your behalf for residency using a point system similar to Essential Work Category. They explained that if my OH works in NZ for a year this counts as 60points - you need 100points to get residency - 40points made up from age (he is currently 48) and qualifications. Also, the company that my husband works for does not have to accredited. They guarantee residency.

I have never heard of this pathway.

Can anybody shed any light on this way of entry?
Has anybody had any dealings with Golden Sands, what is their reputation like?
Any success stories?
Has anybody heard of this way of getting into NZ.

Thanks for reading.

Jo

Hi Jo
Never heard of this and I have had face to face dealings with immigration about truck driving in NZ and this option has never been mentioned.If I were you I would personally contact NZ immigration first before departing with any money
Cheers
Paul