Work Visa vs EOI

Old Apr 6th 2009, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Kari and Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Visa vs EOI

I have recently submitted my EOI with I think 130 points but no job offer, so I think I will have some time to wait before I get pulled out.....

However in the meantime, I am talking to recruitment agents and getting my information out there, on the off chance that something but happen.

What happens if I go out to NZ on a 12 month work visa, what happens to the current immigration application? Can it be updated to include the change of circumstance or does the process have to start from scratch?

Thanks,

Kari
Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:28 pm
DGH
Danni

DGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really nice
Default Re: Work Visa vs EOI

Hi,
Sorry, can't help you with a reply but will be watching this thread closely as we're in the same situation. We submitted an EOI with 140 points, got selected and ITA. We're now putting together our ITA application/medicals/police checks etc and are considering going out to NZ early. We'd like to know too if we can have a work visa before the skilled migrant visa comes through.
Lets hope the advice comes in!
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:39 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It is perfectly possible to apply for a temporary work visa to get you out and working in New Zealand whilst you go through the SMC process towards PR.

In other words you can start the PR process by submitting an EOI and then if you find a job offer and you need to start work , then you can also apply for a temp work visa. Of course, to apply for a temp work visa you need a job offer.

If you gain a job offer after you have submitted your EOI then you simply let NZIS know so you can add the points to your application.

When you apply for your temp work visa , you should let them know you have a PR application in the pipeline.

If you choose to come to NZ on a visitors visa and then find a job offer you can still apply for the temp work permit to get you started. You would then advise NZIS that you have the PR application in the pipeline.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 5:54 pm
DGH
Danni

DGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really nice

Thats great news - and exciting, thanks. We might be booking flights sooner than we thought then.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I have a job offer and am currently doing Work to Residence application in parallel with EOI/PR route. I am doing it under the Talent visa scheme (accredited employer) because my lawyer/agent advised me it would be quicker, as I have a start date. But we still have to do all the same medicals and police checks., it's only quicker because the EOI stage is left out for Talent visa.

Plus we have to prove we are actually are a de facto couple (see an earlier thread.....).

Blimey I've learnt a lot in the last two weeks - I didn't even know what a de facto partnership meant a month ago