work visa or visitor visa?? and schools

Old Jun 10th 2012, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold
Default work visa or visitor visa?? and schools

Hope I explain this right!

Don't have enough points for automatic EOI now my job has been removed from skill shortage so need to move and hunt down a job (next August).

However, I have a son who will have just left school (year 11) and a daughter who will have just been in year 9 and obviously want them to continue with their education in NZ..BUT I can't afford private/international fees. I have read that on a visitor's visa they can have 3 months free schooling but wondered if this was the same if I was to apply for a work visa in anticipation of finding work and applying to upgrade to PR.

Therefore, is it better to go for visitor visa or a work visa (which may guarantee our stay for a year) then apply for PR as soon as I have secured work??

hope I have explained myself properly! I am just looking for any advice that I may have overlooked and know that my choice is simply that....
thanks!!

forgot to add that I will be 42 and hubby will be 44.....

Last edited by 4pommes; Jun 10th 2012 at 4:32 pm. Reason: added relevant information
Old Jun 10th 2012, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice
Default Re: work visa or visitor visa?? and schools

Hi,
I've been in contact with the school I want my daughter to go to when we come over (for September hopefully) and they have advised me for her to be classed as a domestic student ie no fees, I'll need a work permit and a student visa for my daughter (which is approx £125). Otherwise I'll be paying $290 per week!
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: work visa or visitor visa?? and schools

It is a job offer first and then one can apply for a work visa. Not the other way around.

Please be aware that to enter NZ on a visitors visa with the idea of looking for work & then remaining is not strictly kosher although many have done this.

As has been pointed out in a previous thread HERE there is a surplus of NZ trained teachers out here at the moment with many not being able to find work. Even supply work.