work visa to PR?

Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:08 am
Just Joined

sonicbang has a brilliant futuresonicbang has a brilliant futuresonicbang has a brilliant futuresonicbang has a brilliant futuresonicbang has a brilliant futuresonicbang has a brilliant future
Question work visa to PR?

Hi,

Would really appreciate some help! Myself and my husband are living in the Bay of Plenty and we came out here on 3 year work visas. I currently work as a nurse and I have come to realise that I do not want to do it long term!
My husband is struggling to find work out here, however we have only been here for 3 months so it is very early days for us!
My question is.........we would like to set up or buy a small established business and we do not know where to go from here. If we were to apply for permenant residency and it was granted, would I need to work as a nurse for a certain amount of time? The LTBV looks very complicated and I really dont think its the most suitable option for us as we would not be looking to create jobs for others and we have no previous experience in running a business.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Many thanks
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:24 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: work visa to PR?

Two ways it could go.

1 - You are granted PR with no condition attached because you are already here and working

2 - You are granted PR with a 3 month provision attached. In other words you would remain working as a nurse with your current employer for 3 months from when the PR is granted.

We came out on work visas. My husband was already working here as a plumber when we applied for PR. His PR came through with the 3 month proviso attached.

The LTBV is complicated and quite stringent as you say.

Bung in your EOI now and get started on that PR. If you can get over 140 points , you'll get an automatic selection.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:58 am
Just Joined

sonicbang has a brilliant futuresonicbang has a brilliant futuresonicbang has a brilliant futuresonicbang has a brilliant futuresonicbang has a brilliant futuresonicbang has a brilliant future
Default Re: work visa to PR?

Thankyou so much for your speedy response!

Thats a weight lifted from my rapidly broadening shoulders

We will be submitting our EOI very soon, so watch this space for more questions!

Cheers