work visa/permit query ??

Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:20 pm
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of
Default work visa/permit query ??

Hi,
on the application to work in NZ ( 1015 ), can i leave the 'date i will finaly depart NZ' & 'date i wish permit to be current to' blank, or do you need to enter a date here ?
the reason i ask is that furthur on in the form it asks how long you intend to be working in NZ for & i have put permanently (as i do) but didnt want it to look strange by putting a departure date of 2 yrs after starting !!i am confused !!!!!! (doesnt take much!). should i say i intend to work for 2 yrs & put dates in accordingly or say i intend to work permanently & leave all departing dates blank? either way i will be trying to apply for residence once over there, just dont want my WP application to be stalled by filling it out incorrectly......
please help, its bound to be straight forward but i just cant see it !

ceri x
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:24 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: work visa/permit query ??

Hi ya duckfoot,

If you are coming over on a temporary work visa and you haven't had the medicals and police clearances sorted you may want to go for the one year as contracts for one year or less do not require police clearances nor medicals. After settling into your new life here (you've indicated that you plan to make this a permanent move) you can always start the immigration process in the first year you are here. Alternatively, you could extend and extend indefinitely your work permits as long as you have a sponsoring employer. Do be aware that if you extend you will have to get police clearances and medicals.

I hope this helps.

-happynz
Old Aug 27th 2007, 8:08 pm
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by happynz
Hi ya duckfoot,

If you are coming over on a temporary work visa and you haven't had the medicals and police clearances sorted you may want to go for the one year as contracts for one year or less do not require police clearances nor medicals. After settling into your new life here (you've indicated that you plan to make this a permanent move) you can always start the immigration process in the first year you are here. Alternatively, you could extend and extend indefinitely your work permits as long as you have a sponsoring employer. Do be aware that if you extend you will have to get police clearances and medicals.

I hope this helps.

-happynz
everything helps...thank you
medical & police checks done & have contract sorted, but job not on LTSL due to NZQA not recognising quals.... it has taken me so long to get my head round all the different types of visa's etc, some things i just dont get! stupid i know so .....have to apply under general work route. might just state 2 yrs as you say it can be extended indefinately.
thank you

ceri x
Old Aug 27th 2007, 8:14 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

If your employer will be amenable to the idea you might as well go for three years (the maximum) visa and permit. It would cost the same.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

Nutfrozen will become famous soon enough

Is it the responsibility of the employer, to help with or privide work permits.
Forms etc,
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Nutfrozen
Is it the responsibility of the employer, to help with or provide work permits.
Forms etc,
Strictly speaking, no. The prospective employer cannot provide work permits. Only New Zealand Immigration Service (NZIS) can do that.

The employer will either have Approval in Principle, meaning they have pre-approved permission to hire foreigners or the employer has to show to NZIS that no local Kiwis can be found to fill the job vacancy and that someone like you has the necessary skills.

The forms that you need can be downloaded from www.immigration.govt.nz or you can have them sent to you. If you are near the NZIS office you could also pick the forms up.

Your employer may offer you some assistance, but other than the required paperwork mentioned above they are under no obligation to sort out your application.

Good luck.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Nutfrozen will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the useful info