work visa-partnership evidence

Old May 1st 2010, 3:44 am
Just Joined

HunnyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Question work visa-partnership evidence

hey folks
after reading a bit more, have found that i will have to apply for a temp entry work visa under partnership, as my partner and i have been in a relationship for less than 12 months. (6 months).
we have also never lived together, i spent 6 weeks in NZ in Nov 09 then we met up again in Thailand Feb10 and he came here to meet my family.. we have been in contact everyday though.

I intend to head back over to NZ at end of May, to help partner move into new home, which i will have joint tenancy of.
what other evidence will we need, as we have been in such a relatively short relationship.

I have family (uncle , auntie, 1st, 2nd, 3rd cousins) over in NZ and my partner is one of my 1st cousins best friends, will this help my case.

does anybody no how long this visa will take.??

how long it will take to get medical and police checks done..?

cheers
Old May 1st 2010, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah1999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work visa-partnership evidence

Hi

If you have any photos of correspondence between you and your partner you should submit that too. Set up a joint bank account ASAP when you move to NZ.

Medicals take about 2 weeks to do and get the results back. Where will you be living in NZ?

You should get a police certiificate from your home country before coming here. It's just so much easier than applying for it overseas and it would take longer to get.

Work permits can take anywhere from 1 week to 3 months to get granted so allow for plenty of tme.
Hope this helps.
Old May 1st 2010, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: work visa-partnership evidence

thanx sarah

Yea i have photos of us in NZ, Thailand and here.
would itemised phone bills be enough as correspondence , last month i was in an accident and whilst i was in hospital my partner run up an $800 phone bill, if that doesnt prove it, nothing would

When i head over for 2 weeks in May i intend to set up a joint account, if they let me. dont no if i have to have moved there first.
so any other advise would be great..

So would it be better to apply when i move to NZ as a work permit or apply for a work visa before i head over.

Will be living in the Far North, near Kaitaia...
Old May 2nd 2010, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Actually, if you're under 30 you'd almost be better off applying for a one year working holiday visa first and then apply for the work permit about 4 months before that expires (or anytime during that 12 month period). You also wouldn't have to bother with medicals and police certificates until you applied or the work permit. A WHV is easy to get and can be granted in a few days.

Phone bills are fine. I used phone bills with mine.

If you come here for a visit you won't be able to set up a bank account until you have a working permit (either WHV or temporary work permit).

Feel free to ask any more questions
Old May 2nd 2010, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

looked through the option of WHV there, and i wouldnt be eligible as i have a 5 year old daughter, and under that Visa, u cannot bring ur children.

Its only the Residence Visa she can be included: i also noticed that even under the work visa, i cannot include my daughter on the application, she must have her own application.
Would she come under a student Visa.??, im v confused..

Under the partner work visa.. would photos, phone bills and testiments from friends and family be enough..??
along with my name on the tenancy agreement.?
Old May 2nd 2010, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

you'll only be granted a 1 year work permit at first since you haven't lived together so phone bills, photos etc should be enough.

Good luck!
Old May 2nd 2010, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Cheers thanks for all the info sarah..

1 more thing... was just wondering,
when i get the permit is it 1 year from date of issue or 1 year from i enter the country; and is there a time limit on when u r issued the permit until u move to NZ.?
Old May 2nd 2010, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

The permit will expire from 1 year from which it is issued (not from the date you enter NZ). At least, I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Give me a shout if you have any more questions.
Old May 2nd 2010, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
looked through the option of WHV there, and i wouldnt be eligible as i have a 5 year old daughter, and under that Visa, u cannot bring ur children.

Its only the Residence Visa she can be included: i also noticed that even under the work visa, i cannot include my daughter on the application, she must have her own application.
Would she come under a student Visa.??, im v confused..

Under the partner work visa.. would photos, phone bills and testiments from friends and family be enough..??
along with my name on the tenancy agreement.?
look under family steam, for your daughter, you apply same time as yours
Old May 2nd 2010, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

found it there, she comes under the student visa, as a domestic student..

Thanks for all ur help.