work visa, kicked out of country?

Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default work visa, kicked out of country?

anyone know how long a british citizen can stay in NZ once they leave their job?

Im on a work visa, visa expires end of September.

Any idea would be great

the website is awful, and cant get through on the phone
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:30 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work visa, kicked out of country?

Hi Sugo

have you looked on here??

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rs/default.htm
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:42 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi Sugo.

The work visa is normally tied to the NZ employer. Look in your passport. Does it state the employers name? If it does, then your work visa expires immediately you leave the job and as far as I am aware, so does your right to remain in NZ.

If you are taking up another job, then you need to fill in the necessary work permit application, just as you did before for your last job, and take it to NZIS ,together with the fee, for processing.

WORK VISAS AND PERMITS

If you no longer intend to work in NZ but wish to remain for a while as a visitor , then I suggest you apply for a visitors permit. You can download the form from the NZIS site.

VISITORS VISAS AND PERMITS

Should you think to travel in
NZ onthe visitors visa but then want to take up some seasonal work, i.e, apple picking, you will need a seasonal permit for that.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sugo
anyone know how long a british citizen can stay in NZ once they leave their job?

Im on a work visa, visa expires end of September.

Any idea would be great

the website is awful, and cant get through on the phone
Hi,
Phil's work visa was tied to his company but as he had another job to go to he just completed a variation of conditions form and sent it off...if you are staying in the same type of work, same money just different company you do the variation of conditions if not you do the whole work visa thing again!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

thanks for the info, have emailed immigration, im only staying as my application for australia work permit has like everyone elses been delayed. Will spend more time tomorrow on the phone.

Luckily I have 135 hours of annual leave and 96 hours of leu time, and a kiwi partner who can support me, so hope i can stay for another month.'

My visa doesnt expire until sept, and Im not going to work. Its a bit of a mine field immigration aye
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:31 am
`

You should ensure that you have a leave date that matches the end of your work permit in that case. Any variance of the work permit needs to be notified to NZIS.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS here
You should ensure that you have a leave date that matches the end of your work permit in that case. Any variance of the work permit needs to be notified to NZIS.
Hey all just for others in the same boat, I just got back from the immigration office. paid 80NZD and got a visitors permit blue sticker in my Passport.

Oh and if you go to Wellington immigration the front desk ladies are tough, but seeing some of the people who go there they have to be. The immigration officers well the ones i meet have been great.

If you go make it as early as possible, take a book last time i was there for 4 hours. Oh and they have no toilets, apparently due to vandalism.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:31 pm
`

Brilliant .
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sugo
Hey all just for others in the same boat, I just got back from the immigration office. paid 80NZD and got a visitors permit blue sticker in my Passport.

Oh and if you go to Wellington immigration the front desk ladies are tough, but seeing some of the people who go there they have to be. The immigration officers well the ones i meet have been great.

If you go make it as early as possible, take a book last time i was there for 4 hours. Oh and they have no toilets, apparently due to vandalism.
Oh yeah, the cost goes up at the end of the month to 100NZD.

cheers Dave
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:38 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see you're still legal Sugo !!! Didn't wanna be reading about you in NZ herald next week! ....