British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   work visa....help needed! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/work-visa-help-needed-564977/)

sonicbang Oct 3rd 2008 1:05 pm

work visa....help needed!

Hi,

Would love some advice on work permits. We sent off for ours last week and had our application returned today because we need to provide " any other information that you consider demonstrates that you are eligable for a work visa in New Zealand"

Now is this ambiguous or is it just me being a numbnut?!;)

I am a nurse and so have sent every qualification going to them as well as all of my personal information.
Unfortunately I cannot get hold of anyone at the London immigration office and it has cost me around £20 to call them (£1 per minute) only to be told by a machine that no-one is available to take your call!!!!:curse:

Also when I sent in my application last week my police check was in date (6 months) and now, today it expires!! Should I apply for a new one or is it possible that as we have now got an application number, the police check has been acknowledged?

Please help, Im not sure what to do!

Oh lordy!

Cheers,

Michelle

AKT Oct 9th 2008 7:33 am

Re: work visa....help needed!

The police check needs to be in date when you apply, so it should be fine, assuming it was before the 6 month deadline that they recieved things.

As for any other info, if you have a job offer and Nursing Council registration (which is presumably why it took 6 months for you to apply for the visa) then that's all you need. I had my visa by return of post, but it wasn't for >12 months which may make a difference.

Oh and try 01344 716199 instead of 0906 9100100 to save a quid or two.

HTH

A.

sonicbang Oct 9th 2008 8:41 am

Thanks AKT,

We managed to email the case officer and he has given us some really useful advice. He did, however state that I will need a new police check so I have sent off for that and then hopefully it will be all guns blazing!!!

Many thanks for the alternative telephone number, I may well need it in the near future.

Thanks again

xx

AKT Oct 9th 2008 9:08 am

Bugger! Our police checks are now 3 months out of date, but were in date when we applied..... Hoping the res. visa comes through before I need to get yet another work visa....or police check!

A

sonicbang Oct 9th 2008 9:19 am

AKT,

I think you will be fine on that one. It was only because the whole application was sent back to us that I needed to do another police check.

Hope it works out well for you! We are off to Tauranga (unfortunately we have been really naughty and booked our flights for 28/12/08) and my job at Tauranga hospital starts on 19th Jan.

We are now panicking a bit but we can always change flights/start dates anyroad!

Where are you planning to live?
x

AKT Oct 9th 2008 9:24 am

Already living in Welly. Tauranga has been described by at least 3 people I know as "the best place in the world to live". oh and the hospital has a good rep too...

A

sonicbang Oct 9th 2008 10:03 am

I should have cottoned on that you were already in NZ when you mentioned the work visa......at least I can use stress as an excuse!

We spent a month last year travelling around NZ. We both loved Tauranga and felt that it was so right for us. We also loved Welly.....and most other places really!

Thanks for what you said about Tauranga....it helps to have my thoughts reassured :thumbup:

Cheers

Michelle