Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Work Visa Essential Skills / Skilled Migrant / PR

Work Visa Essential Skills / Skilled Migrant / PR

Old Feb 10th 2016, 5:49 am
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Doha now...
Posts: 137
Venezuelan007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Visa Essential Skills / Skilled Migrant / PR

Hi all,

I wanted to pick your brains a little, I hope its not too much...

Current situation:
Got a job offer, employer is arranging Work Visa, since employer is no accredited, only Work Visa under Essential Skills (no possibility of Work to Residence visa). They asked for a 5 year Work Visa.
Recently married, we haven't lived together. I have understood he way forward is bring her as visitor, she lives with me for 3 months or so, we collect evidence, and ask for a work visa under partnership, which should be given for 12 months, and after that we can apply for a work visa for her for the remaining extent of my work visa.

1. What evidence can we collect while she is on a VISITORS visa? Can she be on my lease agreement? can we open a joint bank account? what kind of mail would she be getting as visitor? Bills (sky,phone,gas,power)???

Looking forward.

I think the path towards residency, would be to apply for a Skilled Migrant residency. I've read I can start that on my own right away. We would have 120 pts, but with the job secure, I guess that would get me in the pool right?

1. Is it frown upon or illegal to start my application on my own just getting there? will the company be requested for any other collaboration towards the SMC? does it interfere in any way my current work visa?

2. Should I wait for the 12 month "living together with my wife" part to apply together? or should I apply and get it for me, then apply for her family stream after the 12 month barrier?

3. Company says they are happy to help after 2 years to get residency.
If I wait for 2 years, still my only option is to go for the SMC right? Work visa IS NOT "Work to Residence Visa". Then it would be 2 more years under SMC and THEN going for permanent residency. Did I get the picture clear?

4. Is it easy to find someone in INZ to consult on these things, or do I have to bother you every time? or do I have to pay a lawyer?

Any clarification, correction, advise is highly appreciated.

Best Regards
Venezuelan007 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.