work visa

Old Feb 28th 2013, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work visa

Cheers dear! Think my head was just puzzled there lol.

30 was the guaranteed amount of hours, thats what number 8 group said when they rang dave the other day too. Norm seems to be 45-50/60 in construction.

I think i noticed truck driver was on that list - might look into that futher as thats what hes been doing since last year
Old Feb 28th 2013, 7:12 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Truck driver is on the Immediate Skills Shortage List [ISSL] only. This means he would be able to apply for a work visa and the employer would not have to under a labour market test and prove no NZers were available to do the job.
However this visa does not lead to residency
He would not be able to apply for a WTR visa, wrong shortage list. Unless he could find an accredited employer who wanted a truck driver.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute

Bummer. I really dont like agencies but number 8 seem to be quite good, we've got a form to fill in to find out more about us - need to send it soon and see what happens.

We did have one accreditated company email us a few weeks ago asking if he was still looking for work and said they'd be in touch soon. Not heard back - we'll just have to see. .

Thank you for your help!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

northeastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond repute

This is a really informative thread! Really clears some stuff up.

@Persephone: If I got offered a $55k/pa job but it wasn't from an accredited employer, what would happen? Would I be able to get a visa or would they say no? (I say this as I'm pretty sure the potential employer in this case isn't accredited).

I'm pretty sure there's no category on the LTSSL or ISSL that I'd qualify for...

Dagnabit! I just want to go back and live and work in the place!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think its quite easy for them to become accreditated so might be worth asking them to apply
Old Mar 1st 2013, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

northeastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishstacey
I think its quite easy for them to become accreditated so might be worth asking them to apply
They're a pretty big company though... If they were a no go, however, I'd probably just look else where. Not much else I could do, really!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

No harm in asking. If they are big then are you sure they aren't accredited?

Best of luck!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Well, I don't want to name them on here (just in case there's rules against it and, hey, don't want anybody more qualified going for that job ) but when I checked on the accredited employers list, the name wasn't on there. Maybe they're under a different name on the list or something..?
Old Mar 1st 2013, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northeastlad
Well, I don't want to name them on here (just in case there's rules against it and, hey, don't want anybody more qualified going for that job ) but when I checked on the accredited employers list, the name wasn't on there. Maybe they're under a different name on the list or something..?
Hi Northeastlad, my OH has just been offered a job and the employers were not on the list, but we asked HR and they are
Well worth asking
Old Mar 1st 2013, 6:12 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

This is a really informative thread! Really clears some stuff up.

@Persephone: If I got offered a $55k/pa job but it wasn't from an accredited employer, what would happen? Would I be able to get a visa or would they say no? (I say this as I'm pretty sure the potential employer in this case isn't accredited).
You wouldn't be able to get a WTR visa as it wouldn't fit into any categories.
Other options are:
Work visa: temporary and the employer would have to prove no NZers were able to do the job [unless on the ISSL or LTSSL]
SMC: if you have enough points to apply with a job offer in place. I haven't looked back to check whether you'd done a points calculation

I'm pretty sure there's no category on the LTSSL or ISSL that I'd qualify for... Double check??

Dagnabit! I just want to go back and live and work in the place!

ok not to name them in fact probably best not to on here. Have you tried asking them outright if they have accreditation?. The list on NZIS says it is a list of those that agree for their accreditation to be made public so it follows that there are others that do not want it making public.
P
Old Mar 1st 2013, 6:14 pm
Queen of the Underworld

See Moonie's post
As I guessed. They don't all want to be on the list
Old Mar 1st 2013, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think im in dumb mode again sorry.. So your job doesnt have to be on those two lists to get PR as long as you have a accreditated employer and earning over 55k for the 40 hour week.

Thats quite interesting about the employers not wanting to be named as one, the agency he was offered a job with b said they were applying to be accreditated but i didnt see them on the list
Old Mar 1st 2013, 6:57 pm
Queen of the Underworld

I think im in dumb mode again sorry.. So your job doesnt have to be on those two lists to get PR as long as you have a accreditated employer and earning over 55k for the 40 hour week.

No it doesn't, if as you say you earn over $55K and the employer is accredited. You would go for the Talent [accredited employer] WTR visa. Work two years and then apply for residency. This is not the same process as the SMC!
There is another WTR visa which is for those with job offers on the LTSSL, this does not have to be an accredited employer and neither is there a salary requirement. Again work two years and apply for residence.

Then there is the SMC where being on the LTSSL gains you extra points and you are applying for residency straight off, no waiting for two years

Thats quite interesting about the employers not wanting to be named as one, the agency he was offered a job with b said they were applying to be accreditated but i didnt see them on the list
It may be to stop them being inundated with applications, possibly
Old Mar 1st 2013, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah thats probably why they dont advertise it, they are coming over to the UK to hire, this weekend i think.

Thank you, i just wanted to double check. I promise not to ask anymore dumb questions lol well i'll try!
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

No harm in asking. If they are big then are you sure they aren't accredited?

Best of luck!
hi tracy no your wrong there, its not easy for them to be accredited, have tried to get the firm who offered me a job last year, they told me to much paper work they want to know all the firms trading records finance ect cant remember to much without looking it up,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.