Work status of non primary applicants

Old Nov 11th 2012, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

shellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Work status of non primary applicants

Hello,

My wife was accepted from the pool on the skilled migrant category, and we hope to be moving in mid Feb 2013. What I'm not to clear is whether I would also be granted a work visa based on my wife's successful application. Can anyone please advise - thanks.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 5:52 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work status of non primary applicants

if you are on your wives applicaton if it is approved then you will also get PR which enables you to work.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 9:04 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You would be granted residency also. This would allow you to take up any work once in NZ.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 11:56 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shellmat
Hello,

My wife was accepted from the pool on the skilled migrant category, and we hope to be moving in mid Feb 2013. What I'm not to clear is whether I would also be granted a work visa based on my wife's successful application. Can anyone please advise - thanks.
Yep, however odd it seems, your wife will get a visa limited to working in the specified job for the specified employer. You will get a permit for the same period entitling you to do any work for any employer.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 9:38 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

The Skilled Migrant Category is an application for residency and not a work visa [a work visa is temporary only].
As such you apply as a family. If your wife is granted residency then you and any children on the EOI/ITA will get the same. This means you can apply for any job, there are no restrictions for you.
The only restrictions would be on your wife if the application included points for a job offer. Your wife would have to work in that job for at least 3 months [after that point she can remove the conditions connected to the residency and be free to work wherever she wants]
If she has applied under the SMC without a job offer and is granted residency then she can do what she wants.
The other options that could come out of your application are that it is declined or the issue of a Job Search Visa. This can be issued for those applicants without a job offer where NZIS feel that they may have trouble settling into NZ or those where they cannot register [if registration of necessary] prior to working.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

shellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond reputeshellmat has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all of your responses. I assumed this was the case but suddenly started to have second thoughts - I guess I'm feeling the stress of getting everything up together.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 4:44 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all of your responses. I assumed this was the case but suddenly started to have second thoughts - I guess I'm feeling the stress of getting everything up together.
Tiz normal to go bonkers during this time and after.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

clairesw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Thank goodness! I'm going totally bonkers here trying to get my ITA paperwork together....

I knew it would be challenging, but honestly...
Old Nov 14th 2012, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hi clairesw,

Aren't you glad to know you're not the only one going mad with all of the immigration paperwork. On top of the NZ I'm also going through US immigration as well - long story

Good luck with the paperwork.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

clairesw is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi clairesw,

Aren't you glad to know you're not the only one going mad with all of the immigration paperwork. On top of the NZ I'm also going through US immigration as well - long story

Good luck with the paperwork.
Aargh! Double nightmare.... Good luck to you too!
Old Nov 19th 2012, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
And some of us have never recovered
Old Nov 20th 2012, 4:12 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
And some of us have never recovered
so true....