Work restrictions?

Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

educateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really nice
Default Work restrictions?

Having done some research we are about to put in our EOI as soon as our last few documents arrive.

I have no job offer yet as most people I have contacted said that I need to be in NZ ready to work in order to offer me anything.

I have a background in both teaching and IT which seems to be two growth areas and gives me about 130 points.

What I would like to know is if there are any restrictions on what industry you work with on your PR visa. Ideally I would like to work in teaching but what if I can't find a teaching job? Can I take 'any' work as I would still need to earn a living.

The reason I am asking is that I am sure that NZIS are allowing you in the country as you have skills in an area in which they see a shortage.

Is a PR a visa to do 'any' work or is there a restriction?

Thanks
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:19 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work restrictions?

Hi,
I was granted PR and there are no restrictions on what work I can do. I got PR without having a job offer [on the LTSSL] though I am working in the profession that I claimed points for so there wouldn't be any problem anyway. I have not informed NZIS about my job and as far as I know there is no requirement for me to do so so I could be doing anything I suppose.

If they grant you Work to Residence instead of PR then you would have to get a job in the occupation you claimed points for on your EOI and work in this for 3m before converting it to PR.

Sue
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

educateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really nice

Thanks Sue
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:13 am
Just Joined

jo_hedge will become famous soon enoughjo_hedge will become famous soon enough

Had my residence visa put in my passport last week & it says: "Holder must take up offer of employment within 3 months of the grant of the first residence permit and remain in that employment for a period of at least 3 months". It does not need converting to PR, as it is a PR visa. However, I do have to work in the field of employment I was offered a job in "or another position of employment that meets the requirements for skilled employment". I hope this helps.

Jo