Work to Residency visa question

Old Jan 2nd 2013, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default Re: Work to Residency visa question

hi i think you can get info from work and pensions , where your husband paid his stamps, they will have dates when you started and finished
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Larryloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
No worries, I was a little vague in my first post with visas etc.

No need to add me to the arrivals and departures, I'm already on the list and getting very excited
What is "arrivals and departures"?

So me and my hubby can apply for a working holiday visa? Can we bring our kids in to nz on that? Then find a job while we're there and apply for a wtr visa or a straight off pr?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 12:04 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larryloo
What is "arrivals and departures"?

So me and my hubby can apply for a working holiday visa? Can we bring our kids in to nz on that? Then find a job while we're there and apply for a wtr visa or a straight off pr?
Arrivals and deps can be found at the top of the NZ forum under the "read me" sections.

A working holiday visa is one where you only apply if you are between 18 and 30 years of age and have no dependants coming into the country so it wouldn't be right for you Larryloo. Here's some info on a WHV:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...idayscheme.htm

Do you have jobs to come to in NZ?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Larryloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Work to Residency visa question

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Arrivals and deps can be found at the top of the NZ forum under the "read me" sections.

A working holiday visa is one where you only apply if you are between 18 and 30 years of age and have no dependants coming into the country so it wouldn't be right for you Larryloo. Here's some info on a WHV:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...idayscheme.htm

Do you have jobs to come to in NZ?
No jobs yet. OH is getting cv and portfolio together now and preparing for a reccie trip end of Feb when he hopes to have a job offer shortly afterwards.

We have 145 points without the job offer so are planning to submit the EOI sooner rather than later. Can you clarify if the subsequent ITA is only accepted on the offer of employment or is there a way where we 'emigrate' then find a job when we're out there? Also, as my degree qualification is counted in the points total, do I have to work too? It is likely I will work eventually, but I would like to concentrate on settling the family in first.

Thanks. Confused larryloo
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 6:02 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larryloo
No jobs yet. OH is getting cv and portfolio together now and preparing for a reccie trip end of Feb when he hopes to have a job offer shortly afterwards.

We have 145 points without the job offer so are planning to submit the EOI sooner rather than later. Can you clarify if the subsequent ITA is only accepted on the offer of employment or is there a way where we 'emigrate' then find a job when we're out there? Also, as my degree qualification is counted in the points total, do I have to work too? It is likely I will work eventually, but I would like to concentrate on settling the family in first.

Thanks. Confused larryloo
Reccie sounds fun I sent you a PM btw with some info!

The OH and I didn't go down the EOI/ITA route as he got offered a job with an accredited employer and qualifies for a talent visa via an accredited employer (same as work to residence). Depending on what type of jobs you and your husband are applying for it could be worth getting the list of accredited employers and seeing whether they are hiring or send them speculative applications. From what we've experienced so far doing it this way it has been relatively straight forward apart from a slight flap over some paperwork! If you have no joy with the accredited employers then you will have to go down the EOI route I would imagine.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...loyersList.htm

Hopefully someone who has been through the skilled migrant process will be able to help you out further. We have done the immigration process via a different route so can't shed a lot of light on this one. Maybe you could start a new thread in the immigration section and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Good luck larryloo!