British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Work residencey visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/work-residencey-visa-865893/)

Fezz1990 Sep 29th 2015 11:55 am

Work residencey visa

Could anyone please explain the ins and outs of a work to recidency visa I.e do i need a job offer before leaving the uk ?? And how it all works im looking at a holiday working visa but know I eventually would like to apply for reconnect which would be the best watt thanks :)

LauraNotts Sep 29th 2015 1:20 pm

Re: Work residencey visa

Hi Chloe,

You mention you will be coming to New Zealand on a Working Holiday Visa. I assume you are familiar with the requirements of that visa so I won't go into that now.

Your first step for determining if you are able to apply for further visas upon your arrival should be to check the Immigration New Zealand website to see if you are eligible to apply for a Residency or Work to Residency visa. Requirements for the Work to Residency visa can be found here:

Requirements

The webpage makes reference to the Long Term Skills Shortage list (LTSSL) which can be found here: Skill Shortage List Checker – Immigration New Zealand

It is not enough simply to have a job title and experience which is similar to that set out in the list, your qualifications and experience must match exactly or be considered equivalent to the relevant New Zealand qualifications in order for you to be able to claim points in this area.

I would advise you to check these links as a start. From personal experience you realistically do need a job offer in order to apply for residency as it is very difficult to gain enough points to apply unless you do.

Fezz1990 Sep 29th 2015 1:22 pm

Thank you so much for taking he time to reply very helpful :)

LauraNotts Sep 29th 2015 1:23 pm

You're welcome. I'm about to have a look at your other threads too. :)

Fezz1990 Sep 29th 2015 1:27 pm

:)

cappuccino Sep 29th 2015 3:51 pm

Why are you using your email address as a login user name? You'll be open to all kinds of spam email!

Jerseygirl Sep 29th 2015 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 11760767)
Why are you using your email address as a login user name? You'll be open to all kinds of spam email!

She is aware of this and will be contacting BEVS to change her username.

moonie2011 Oct 1st 2015 12:58 am

Hi we were on a work to residency visa. You need a specific job, full time, with a minimum wage of $55k. The employers must be accredited with NZ immigration. As part of the WTR application you have to submit a letter from the employer confirming all this.
It is possible, and may be more productive, to come over on a working holiday visa then look for a job and apply for WTR visa here. I know people who have done this.
Any more questions just ask � ����

BEVS Oct 1st 2015 3:51 am

Originally Posted by Fezz1990 (Post 11760458)
Could anyone please explain the ins and outs of a work to recidency visa I.e do i need a job offer before leaving the uk ?? And how it all works im looking at a holiday working visa but know I eventually would like to apply for reconnect which would be the best watt thanks :)

Hi there.

I did send you a message about a username change .
Can you let me know what you choose please.
Thanks

Fezz1990 Oct 1st 2015 7:14 am

Brilliant that's very helpful :) good to find someone doing it. And I think it has been changed to fezz1990 Bevs sorry new to the whole forum thing haha :)

Timmy Chch Oct 1st 2015 11:11 am

"You need a specific job, full time, with a minimum wage of $55k"
I think they've lowered to threshold to 45k now?
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/residencefromwork/howtoapply/stepsforlongtermskillshortage/

MrsFychan Oct 2nd 2015 1:38 am

if the job is sourced from an accredited company because the skill is not on the long term lists then it is still 55K,

Talent (Accredited Employers)