British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Work to Residence visa - your experiences? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/work-residence-visa-your-experiences-803972/)

tiger mama Jul 25th 2013 9:57 am

Work to Residence visa - your experiences?

So I think we're going to be going for the WTR visa for OH with a partnership work visa for me, student visas for 1 child and visitors for other 2. OH's employer is accredited.

Just wondered if I could ask those of you who have gone down the WTR route in recent times what your experiences have been. I'm feeling very nervous about the timing of it all. His start date is provisionally 11th Oct and we can't get our medicals done and therefore the application sent off until 6th Aug. (That is even assuming we can get it all sent off that same day or is there anything else to wait for?) Is this going to leave enough time? How long did your turnarounds take?

Also just wanted to ask what the potential complications could be so I'm prepared. Assuming medicals are ok (no guarantee I know) rest of process seems straightforward - but cynical/realistic me know these things tend to have hurdles and hold ups - what can we expect?

TIA

Persephone Jul 25th 2013 7:11 pm

Re: Work to Residence visa - your experiences?

So the decision is made!

I didn't go via the WTR route so I can't speak from experience. I take it that is the earliest you can get the medicals done:unsure:
This is from the London branch:

Work to Residence Visas

Applications will be completed within 5 working days if there are no complications.
You should have no problems looking at the above.

Good luck:)

moonie2011 Jul 26th 2013 9:51 am

Check out my dates on my signature
We submitted out WTR on the Monday 2pm, they were back in Devon on the Friday 10am, 4 days, visas all in the passports etc.
We then booked the shippers for 1 mths time and then left
So pretty quick turn around.

We have been here two months now, feel free to message me if you have any more questions :)

tiger mama Jul 26th 2013 1:02 pm

Wow great thanks. Here's to hoping it will be the same for us. For some reason I had in my head that it was a minimum 6 week process - goodness knows why?? Moonie when you sent the WTR visa application did you also include the partnership/students/visitors visas in the same envelope (was the whole thing about an inch thick in total?) and did they all come back at the same time?

moonie2011 Jul 26th 2013 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by tiger mama (Post 10820295)
Wow great thanks. Here's to hoping it will be the same for us. For some reason I had in my head that it was a minimum 6 week process - goodness knows why?? Moonie when you sent the WTR visa application did you also include the partnership/students/visitors visas in the same envelope (was the whole thing about an inch thick in total?) and did they all come back at the same time?

Yep, all put in together and all back the same time :thumbsup:
Good luck :fingerscrossed: