British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   work to residence visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/work-residence-visa-843881/)

kimliz123 Sep 25th 2014 5:53 pm

work to residence visa

Hi, just wondering if anyone could give me advise on the visa process time. I have a job offer in Wellington and have send my visa application off two days ago. Just wondering if anyone knows when they ( the london branch) will let you know when they are working on the visa. And if anyone has any idea on how long it takes.

MrsFychan Sep 25th 2014 7:10 pm

Re: work to residence visa

according to the website Tips and processing times

5 working days if no complications

kimliz123 Sep 25th 2014 8:39 pm

Fingers crossed xx

moonie2011 Sep 27th 2014 8:34 pm

It was 4 days for us last May, we are also in wellington on a WTR so give us a shout, let us know where you'll be and if we can be of any help. We live at Papakowhai
Good luck :fingerscrossed:

kimliz123 Sep 27th 2014 8:39 pm

Thankyou Actually we are looking for apartments at the moment. Where is the best place, is the transport system good?

MrsFychan Sep 27th 2014 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by kimliz123 (Post 11420597)
Thankyou Actually we are looking for apartments at the moment. Where is the best place, is the transport system good?

depends where you need to be for work?

kimliz123 Sep 27th 2014 10:48 pm

Cbd

MrsFychan Sep 27th 2014 11:08 pm

well then you have loads of choices. I personally say get a serviced appt short term then have a look round the area's outside, if thats what you want, dependant on travel time and life style. be it being closer to the sea or hills, semi rural, rural or in the thick of things before committing to longer term rentals

kimliz123 Sep 27th 2014 11:51 pm

Thank you :)

kimliz123 Oct 1st 2014 7:32 am

So visa was approved on Monday flights booked leaving UK on 13th land in Wellington on the 15th Oct. So excited start new job on 20th. Temp accodation booked bank accounts opened. Just got to pack now...... :)

moonie2011 Oct 1st 2014 8:16 am

Congratulations, get in touch when your here. Another girls night MrsF needed :)

kimliz123 Oct 1st 2014 8:30 am

Thank you am just nervous but will be once its here. Going to be staying on Abel smith street, te aro.

kimliz123 Oct 1st 2014 9:10 am

Quick one is there any supermarkets round that area?

MrsFychan Oct 1st 2014 9:41 am

not to sure, have a walk through on google maps

janiejones Oct 2nd 2014 9:08 am

I think the closest one is New World on Chaffers, near Te Papa, or Moore Wilsons on Tory Street, but MW is a bit more expensive. There's plenty of dairies around there. There's a New World Metro on Willis Street, not took far away. (I seem to know a lot about supermarkets :o )