Work to residence Restrictions??

Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:51 am
Just Joined

beanyeva is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work to residence Restrictions??

Does anyone know if the work to residence visa has any restrictions such as spouse unable to work, paying for school fees etc.

My occupation is on the long term shortage list and this is the visa I would look to apply for. I have looked on the Immigration web site but cannot seem to find the answer.

Any advice appreciated
Thanks
Louise
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:18 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work to residence Restrictions??

Not AFAIK, spouse will get an open (any job, any employer), work visa same duration as yours. Kids will need to apply for Student visas (apply all at same time in same envelope), so they will be domestic for school fee purposes. You get residents healthcare rates etc too.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beanyeva View Post
Does anyone know if the work to residence visa has any restrictions such as spouse unable to work, paying for school fees etc.

My occupation is on the long term shortage list and this is the visa I would look to apply for. I have looked on the Immigration web site but cannot seem to find the answer.

Any advice appreciated
Thanks
Louise
I came over on a WTR initially.
For WTR work visa, my wife was able to work and my kids came over on student visas. We didn't have to pay for school - kids get state ed free (apart from stationery costs which all parents have to pay.)

In the end, we just went down the EOI/ITA/PR route to get the PR quicker.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:34 am
Just Joined

beanyeva is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice and help. It is much appreciated!!
Louise