British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Work to residence application (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/work-residence-application-808221/)

tiger mama Sep 4th 2013 8:05 pm

Work to residence application

I am hopeful that this is the last ever question I will have to ask about this!!

We sent off our applications last week (1 x WTR, 1 x partnership work, 1 x student and 2 x visitors) all in one pack. They were signed for Friday. Monday we had confirmation emails.

Anyone who's been through this process for these types of visa, when did you get your answers, and how did you get them? Was the first you heard from them when you got the visas back, or did you get success news via email first?

I am just going a bit neurotic, the paperwork took soooo long to get sorted due to a slow HR at OH's new work, and now his start date is in 5.5 weeks, we have no flights or shipping booked yet. Panic panic panic. In one place the website says WTR is processed within 5 working days if no complications. Would the rest of our visas also be processed in this time? So would we likely hear on the Friday or would it be following week?

However on the phone they said up to 4 weeks for WTR and up to 6 weeks for the rest - are they just covering their backs in case there's a delay?

NB. We have put about the start date in our covering letter. Do you think this will help our cause?

moonie2011 Sep 5th 2013 4:10 am

Re: Work to residence application

Don't bother with the website, it always said application being processed.
We too put ours WTR, partnership and student applications in on a Monday, in May 2013, and received the passport with the visas back via courier at 10am on the Friday, 4 days

The removers only needed four weeks notice, we left 4 weeks later

Good luck :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

tiger mama Sep 5th 2013 9:26 am

Thank you that settles my nerves a bit! 4 working days eek, that would be today. Crossing my fingers really tightly!

tiger mama Sep 10th 2013 9:45 am

We're still waiting. I rang TT Visa services (I never know whether it's better to call them or INZ, or what the difference is between them?) who said there's a big queue, that they'd probably come separately (the WTR first and ours a few weeks later). Does that sound right to you? How is my partner supposed to pack up his life and fly off if he doesn't know whether me and his children are going to be allowed to join him?

moonie2011 Sep 12th 2013 9:38 am

Originally Posted by tiger mama (Post 10893826)
We're still waiting. I rang TT Visa services (I never know whether it's better to call them or INZ, or what the difference is between them?) who said there's a big queue, that they'd probably come separately (the WTR first and ours a few weeks later). Does that sound right to you? How is my partner supposed to pack up his life and fly off if he doesn't know whether me and his children are going to be allowed to join him?

:(:fingerscrossed:
As I said ours were all done together, and I would assume even with a delay, they would be done together as there are documents and information that need to be crossed referenced between the applications
So keeping them together would make sense. Hope you hear something soon

tiger mama Sep 13th 2013 3:28 pm

That's what I thought too. Well I've no idea what the woman on the phone was on about because they arrived on Tuesday, all together, woohoo! So relieved! :D

Persephone Sep 13th 2013 4:17 pm

Many congratulations:thumbsup::thumbsup:

moonie2011 Sep 13th 2013 8:11 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Wow brilliant news, how did you manage to keep that quiet.
Where are you heading?

tiger mama Sep 14th 2013 9:16 am

Thank you! I'm still in shock! We're headed to Whangarei in Northland, so preparing for a sticky summer!