Work Permit (Essential Skills) validity

Old Aug 12th 2010, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough
Default Work Permit (Essential Skills) validity

Hi,

My working holiday permit finishes on 4th February 2011. It also meant that my job contract expires on that day too. I have been told by my boss that he would like to keep me on until 8th April 2011. I understand I can apply for a work permit under the Essential Skills policy which I can start applying very soon.

Once the application has been submitted and I paid the $200 fee, what happens if either my boss wants to extend further or I get different position within the same company, would I have to start a new application and pay another $200? I don’t really want to wait until Christmas hoping if I’m being offered long term and then submit the WP. I know there is a medical involved and I have a condition which could delay things up.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Claire