Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

work permit application and residency application at the same time

work permit application and residency application at the same time

Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:28 am
Family landed :)

newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice
Default work permit application and residency application at the same time

Can you do both at the same time?

I've a feeling my ITA won't be sent to me let alone processed before Jan when I need to take up a job. The wife and I have already agreed that she will stay over in the UK short term to sell the house etc.

any problems having a work permit app and a residency app at the same time?

Anything to watch out for? After some searching on this site it seems that I'll end up paying for 2 sets of medicals (though the second should be cheaper if done in NZ).

cheers
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work permit application and residency application at the same time

Originally Posted by newzealandplease
Can you do both at the same time?

I've a feeling my ITA won't be sent to me let alone processed before Jan when I need to take up a job. The wife and I have already agreed that she will stay over in the UK short term to sell the house etc.

any problems having a work permit app and a residency app at the same time?

Anything to watch out for? After some searching on this site it seems that I'll end up paying for 2 sets of medicals (though the second should be cheaper if done in NZ).

cheers
Shouldn't be a problem... I had my EOI in and selected whilst i also had an application for a work permit in as well. If the work permit and ITA are within a resonable time, you not need to get additional meds as you can cross reference them on your ITA just by telling the immigrtion the application number of you permit.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:05 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Wot he said.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:18 am
Just Joined

vicster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
It seems that you are in the same frame of mind and in the same
position that we're in. Only we have sold the house and all going out in January. Thanks to the replies, they have answered my question too
. Hey "NewZealand please" where are you headed for?
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:55 am

newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice

Cheers for the replies guys. Will crack on getting a work permit application together.

vicster - heading to Bay Of Plenty, how about you?

cheers
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: work permit application and residency application at the same time

Hi, stopping in Gisborne, in laws will be on hols there. Have done lots of research on BOP. Really fancy checking it out. All depends on where OH gets a job.
Think we are going to do our medicals again. Do we have to have our xrays and bloods done again.
Any good areas of BOP we should look at?
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:43 pm

OK another silly question (after going round in circles on the immigration site!) whats the current fees for a work visa any other fees payable? Either I'm tired or the immigration site has cahnged some, cos I'm sure I've seen it before
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

A whopping $200 bucks a shot.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

hillcat will become famous soon enoughhillcat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vicster
Hi,
It seems that you are in the same frame of mind and in the same
position that we're in. Only we have sold the house and all going out in January. Thanks to the replies, they have answered my question too
. Hey "NewZealand please" where are you headed for?
We're moving out in January too. Big step but can't wait.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:14 am

Sounds like all the flights will be booked up in January
Old Nov 13th 2007, 8:14 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newzealandplease
Sounds like all the flights will be booked up in January
Woot! Many congrats!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:35 pm

Darn. Spoke to immigration today. Seems that as my ultimater intention is to stay more than 2 years (although I only want the work visa to see me out until residency goes through) I have to submit the police form, I have sent for this but not returned yet.

Patience isn't my strong point
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:10 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Anything over 1 year and you need the full medical and police checks, sorry!
Old Nov 14th 2007, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Our meds run out in a week so do we need all the medicals doing again or just some of them. Or are some of it still valid for a year.
Cheers
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:14 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by vicster
Our meds run out in a week so do we need all the medicals doing again or just some of them. Or are some of it still valid for a year.
Cheers
You will have to have the full check again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.