Work Experience Points

Old Aug 14th 2015, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Alinoman65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Work Experience Points

Hello Expats,
I am Structural Engineer and very Eager to immigrate to NZ and i want to get this process as early as possible and want to submit my EOI, i was trying to get a job offer in order to get more points but its seems difficult for me unless I reach NZ. i need your suggestion on one matter i will get 20 points for six years work of experience and my six years suppose to complete after month can i submit my EOI now and claim point for 6 years as my 6 years will be completed soon.

please guide me should I submit now or wait one more month.
thanks in advance.

BR
Noman Ali
Old Aug 14th 2015, 9:59 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Experience Points

I'd personally wait the month

have you checked the link above to clarify that you are able to claim these points.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...d-pool-810756/
Old Aug 15th 2015, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
I'd personally wait the month

have you checked the link above to clarify that you are able to claim these points.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...d-pool-810756/
Thanks for your suggestion. Yes I had gone through these information I will be able to get these points as well as bonus point because my occupation i.e. Structural Engineering (233214) is on LTSSL.

KR
Noman
Old Aug 15th 2015, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

in addition to i spend one year in Italy due to postgraduate studies. please let me know will i required police certificate from Italy as i read on the web police certificate is required for more than one year.

Waiting for your swift response.
KR
Noman
Old Aug 15th 2015, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alinoman65
in addition to i spend one year in Italy due to postgraduate studies. please let me know will i required police certificate from Italy as i read on the web police certificate is required for more than one year.

Waiting for your swift response.
KR
Noman
Yes. You will have to provide a police certificate for ALL countries you have lived in for 12 months or more.

In relation to the experience points, you MUST wait until you have completed the experience before submitting EOI. You cannot make the claim retrospectively, even if it's only a month.
Also, you have no chance of the EOI being selected without a job offer and only 120 points. You will need at least 140 points without a job offer to guarantee selection. If you have a job offer you'll be ok with 100 upwards (at the moment)....see historical EOI selections.
Old Aug 16th 2015, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
Yes. You will have to provide a police certificate for ALL countries you have lived in for 12 months or more.

In relation to the experience points, you MUST wait until you have completed the experience before submitting EOI. You cannot make the claim retrospectively, even if it's only a month.
Also, you have no chance of the EOI being selected without a job offer and only 120 points. You will need at least 140 points without a job offer to guarantee selection. If you have a job offer you'll be ok with 100 upwards (at the moment)....see historical EOI selections.
Thanks, Do any one know how i get police certificate from Italy.

Regarding EOI, I will be able to get 140 Points after one months time.
The break up is as under:

25 points: 30-39 years
20 points: 6 years
Bonus points if the work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage:
15 points: 6 or more years.
60 points: recognized level 9 post-graduate qualification (masters degree)
Bonus points for qualifications:
10 points: qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage
10 points for partner holds a level 4-6 qualification.
Thanks
KR Noman Ali
Old Aug 16th 2015, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Do any one know how i get police certificate from Italy.

Regarding EOI, I will be able to get 140 Points after one months time.
The break up is as under:

25 points: 30-39 years
20 points: 6 years
Bonus points if the work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage:
15 points: 6 or more years.
60 points: recognized level 9 post-graduate qualification (masters degree)
Bonus points for qualifications:
10 points: qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage
10 points for partner holds a level 4-6 qualification.
Thanks
KR Noman Ali
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...e/ij/italy.htm
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...cecertificate/

Not sure you qualify for the points you have stated. I'm no expert, but I'd take some authorised advice if I was you before submitting EOI.
I say this as your qualification is too high for the requirements of an occupation off the Long Term Skill Shortage list so unless you also have a Level 7 Bachelors Degree that has been assessed or is exempt from assessment I doubt you'll be able to claim the bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage and qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage.
If I'm right this'll drop your score to 115 which is insufficient to be chosen out of the pool without a job offer.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Italy
Police Certificate

Not sure you qualify for the points you have stated. I'm no expert, but I'd take some authorised advice if I was you before submitting EOI.
I say this as your qualification is too high for the requirements of an occupation off the Long Term Skill Shortage list so unless you also have a Level 7 Bachelors Degree that has been assessed or is exempt from assessment I doubt you'll be able to claim the bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage and qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage.
If I'm right this'll drop your score to 115 which is insufficient to be chosen out of the pool without a job offer.
Yes my bachelor degree (Four Years) will have Level 7 . Actually I had two masters degree from Italy & Pakistan I got PAR for my masters degree (Pakistan) & according to that it is NZQA level 9. i put the bachelor as supporting document. I think if my bachelor don't get 7 than NZQA did not assign me Level 9 for my master from Pakistan.

Do i need to asses my bachelor separately ????
please guide me as i am very near to submit my EOI.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes my bachelor degree (Four Years) will have Level 7 . Actually I had two masters degree from Italy & Pakistan I got PAR for my masters degree (Pakistan) & according to that it is NZQA level 9. i put the bachelor as supporting document. I think if my bachelor don't get 7 than NZQA did not assign me Level 9 for my master from Pakistan.

Do i need to asses my bachelor separately ????
please guide me as i am very near to submit my EOI.
Yes, if it requires assessment.
If it was gained in Pakistan then yes it must be assessed by NZQA as there are zero exempt qualifications from Pakistan.
If it was from another country you'll need to check the exemption list for that country.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Yes, if it requires assessment.
If it was gained in Pakistan then yes it must be assessed by NZQA as there are zero exempt qualifications from Pakistan.
If it was from another country you'll need to check the exemption list for that country.
I actually i am little confuse should i go for PAR of my bachelor as i already done PAR for my Masters that was gain in Pakistan too.
I called NZQA about that they were also not clear about that weather i need to go for PAR of Bachelor & masters. They told me go for highest degree.

What to do please help??

Can i do IQA after submitting EOI.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

One more thing thing how people are saying that i will not get bonus points for experience as my experience is on LTTSS list. and i can prove it by some means like CDR according to AUS immigration process.

waiting for your reply
Thanks
Old Aug 17th 2015, 10:47 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You can only claim points for work experience on the LTSSL if you fulfill the necessary qualifications for being on that list. If the LTSSL states that you must have a specific Bachelors degree then this is what you must have. You cannot use a higher level degree in the same subject instead.

What that means is that you can claim 60 points for a higher degree but if you need a BSc for the LTSSL and you want to claim points for work experience in an area of absolute shortage then your BSc must either be recognised or assessed by NZQA as well plus listed on your EOI. Aus requirements are not relevant.

As an aside: if you do not come under the LTSSL then all your work experience may come into question if it is not in a Comparable Labour Market.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Persephone
You can only claim points for work experience on the LTSSL if you fulfill the necessary qualifications for being on that list. If the LTSSL states that you must have a specific Bachelors degree then this is what you must have. You cannot use a higher level degree in the same subject instead.

What that means is that you can claim 60 points for a higher degree but if you need a BSc for the LTSSL and you want to claim points for work experience in an area of absolute shortage then your BSc must either be recognised or assessed by NZQA as well plus listed on your EOI. Aus requirements are not relevant.

As an aside: if you do not come under the LTSSL then all your work experience may come into question if it is not in a Comparable Labour Market.
Thanks all for the suggestion. what i under stand from this is i have to assess my bachelor degree as well.
and yes my overall work experience is come under LTSSL, so i can claim bonus points for that.

BR
Noman
Old Aug 20th 2015, 1:08 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for the suggestion. what i under stand from this is i have to assess my bachelor degree as well.
and yes my overall work experience is come under LTSSL, so i can claim bonus points for that.

BR
Noman
Yes, if that's what the LTSSL lists as necessary to claim points. I am assuming your bachelors is not on the list of recognised qualifications.

P
Old Aug 20th 2015, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Persephone
Yes, if that's what the LTSSL lists as necessary to claim points. I am assuming your bachelors is not on the list of recognised qualifications.

P
Thanks to all I have already applied for PAR of my bachelor Degree as well hope it will also equal to NZQA level 7.

But My suggestion to all is that it would be good to go for IQA straight away as i ve already spend 138*3=414NZ$ for my wife bachelor my masters & now mine bachelor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.