British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   work experience evidence? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/work-experience-evidence-702841/)

rick78 Jan 29th 2011 10:53 am

work experience evidence?

I now have formal confirmation of job offer so just about to submit EOI online - thanks for all your help guys I really appreciate it.

I have a quick Q about evidence... for qualifications is seems quite easy (all our degree certificates) but for work experience are they looking for membership/certificates of professional bodies (in my case, IPEM, IoP and Health Professions Council)? I have letters from NHS pensions showing all contributions which tie-in with my employment dates... also all my payslips. Should I request letters from all old employers showing dates of employment?

I went to prepare everything for when ITA comes not to have any delays (already sent off police forms, having medicals in a couple of weeks).

Off to get umpteen passport photos today... cost a fortune now I've heard (although compared to other costs associated with emmigrating its nothing!).

theRices Jan 29th 2011 11:46 am

Re: work experience evidence?

Originally Posted by rick78 (Post 9137300)
I now have formal confirmation of job offer so just about to submit EOI online - thanks for all your help guys I really appreciate it.

I have a quick Q about evidence... for qualifications is seems quite easy (all our degree certificates) but for work experience are they looking for membership/certificates of professional bodies (in my case, IPEM, IoP and Health Professions Council)? I have letters from NHS pensions showing all contributions which tie-in with my employment dates... also all my payslips. Should I request letters from all old employers showing dates of employment?

I went to prepare everything for when ITA comes not to have any delays (already sent off police forms, having medicals in a couple of weeks).

Off to get umpteen passport photos today... cost a fortune now I've heard (although compared to other costs associated with emmigrating its nothing!).

On the check list for our ITA it states;

Work reference:confirming the number of years work experience claimed in your EOI. These must be on company letterhead and show the start and finish dates of your employment and what role you held with that company and average weekly hours worked (especially if part-time). If self-employed you must provide a letter from your accountant/s to clearly state the number of years of your self-employment, together with financial statements to cover the years of your claim.

Hope that helps :)

rick78 Jan 29th 2011 11:48 am

ahh yes i remember reading that cheers :thumbup:

Persephone Jan 31st 2011 2:13 am

I only had two employers to deal with, one my current one and one previous. I got both to write letters stating my start and finish dates [if applicable] and also the number of hours I worked per week-NZIS need to know you worked over 30hr/week to claim fulltime work. I also sent in my first and last payslips from both workplaces and a copy of my contract from my then current job.
My current employer knew all about my plans and so knew I was planning on emigrating but I'm sure you can just send in the other info if you don't want to tell them just yet.

Wessa Jan 31st 2011 9:31 pm

Rick,
Today i was in NZ house london.. I can tell you this much.

Im going down the WTR visa route.
Because i have a job offer i do not need to supply this. My job is not on the shortage list etc.
Because i reach the criteria they rely on the employer in NZ and the letter of job offer details supplied by them.
She said that they trusted the accredited employer.

Not sure if this helps much..

Gary.

rick78 Jan 31st 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks for all info guys.

We're going for PR and so we'll probably need the extra info... but I've already requested it from all my employers... plus I have pension contributions to back up start/end dates plus all payslips so should be fine :thumbup:

I'll have the contract from my new employer as well... who are accredited with NZIS.

My occupation is a Skill Level 1 on LTSS list.

Regarding letters I've asked them to state start and end dates, job title and that it was full time... all under the reference "Evidence to support [ME]'s skilled work experience for Immigration New Zealand".

Its all go go go!

Wessa Jan 31st 2011 9:59 pm

Good luck mate. Let us know how ya getting on eh. :thumbup:

robbyarg Feb 1st 2011 8:46 am

For work, work references are important, pay slips will help, including a superannuation statement. If you work and you get deducted for superannuation, this will prove your employment further. Tax statements are also proof of employment.

Just be sure that you do have the MOST RECENT police certificates and medicals. There is a timeframe allowed for both as to how old they can be before you lodge your application. However, if its a bit too old the case officer can ask you for these again, especially if the migration process takes reasonably long.

Originally Posted by rick78 (Post 9137300)

BEVS Feb 2nd 2011 10:54 pm

Shelf life of a medical is 3 months.
Shelf life of a Police Check is 6 months.

Proof of work experience -

You can also request a copy of your national insurance records which will show your work history. Name of employer/ Self- employed and the dates.

Click HERE

rick78 Feb 2nd 2011 11:03 pm

EOI submitted :thumbup::thumbup:

BEVS Feb 2nd 2011 11:10 pm

Next draw is Wed. the 9th Feb.

rick78 Feb 2nd 2011 11:11 pm

Yep... looking forward to it!