British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   WINZ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/winz-572902/)

delhaddy Nov 13th 2008 2:44 pm

WINZ

Hi,

Anybody out there suffered what I am going through.

I have a job offer on a level 4 skills shortage. (low grouping).

Immigration have asked the local WINZ (employment agency), to carry out a market research to establish if the role can be filled by a local person, who they have on their books!!!

They have now tried for 4 weeks to fill the position I have been offered and failed to do so.

They should now be writting a letter to immigration, saying they cannot fill the position, but they are dragging there heels and it appears they are reluctant to issue the report. Is there a set time they have to advertise the job for? or are they being bloody minded as they said they could fill the position but have failed.

Regards

Del

BEVS Nov 24th 2008 4:10 am

Re: WINZ

I'm not sure I quite understand but will have a go. ;)

If the job you are being offered is not on one of the shortages lists then any employer wanting to offer you a job must prove to NZ immigration that there is no NZ resident or citizen that could fill that job. There is a form that they must fill in and return to NZIS along with the proof.

I couldn't find any time limits for WINZ to have offered the job with no joy. How else did the prospective employer advertise the vacancy ?

Perhaps have your prospective employer push WINZ and your NZIS case officer for a final decision about this. The NZ employer should be stating that they need you to start soon as poss.

[QUOTE = MZIS operations manual]If the role you are seeking to fill is not on one of the skill shortage lists or is not considered skilled according to immigration policy, you need to be able to demonstrate that you cannot find suitably skilled or qualified New Zealand workers or New Zealand workers who could be trained to do the work. The Department of Labour will undertake a labour market test to confirm this.

Employers who are unable to find suitable workers in New Zealand and have roles that do not meet Skilled Migrant or Talent Work permit criteria may be able to assist an employee to get a Essential Skills work visa or permit. An employer must be able to demonstrate that they cannot find suitably skilled or qualified New Zealand workers, or New Zealand workers who could be readily trained to do the work.

The Department of Labour will undertake a labour market test to confirm this.

An employer meets the labour market test by proving that there are no suitable employees in New Zealand and that they have made genuine attempts to attract and recruit New Zealand workers for the positions at the current market salary. This could include evidence of advertisements placed,
responses received, industry statistics on vacancies, training in place to address shortages. The Department may also consult with Work and Income or industry organisations to ensure that the labour market test is met. The Department will always seek advice from Work and Income when conducting
a labour market test for workers in lower skilled occupations (those at skill level four or five on theANZSCO – see page 8 for more information on the ANZSCO).

If you are employing overseas workers to work in lower skilled work the processing time may be longer,as the Department will be seeking advice from Work and Income in every case. To speed this process up, we recommend that employers approach Work and Income themselves to try to fill the lower skilled vacancies before offering employment to overseas workers. If Work and Income already knows these positions cannot be filled, it will be able to provide this advice to the Department sooner, reducing the processing time of the application.

To go through the labour market test before you have found a candidate, you should apply for Approval in Principle. This means that you are pre-approved to hire people in the positions specified within the time specified, typically six to twelve months. You can apply for Approval in Principle to hire many people
and this is valid until you have filled the number of positions specified in your application, or until the expiry date.
If you have already found someone you wish to employ, and you can meet the labour market test (by proving that there are no suitable employees in New Zealand and that you have made genuine attempts to attract and recruit New Zealand workers) you can assist the candidate to apply for an Essential Skills work visa or permit. You will have to supply information to meet the labour market test, as described above, to support their application.
If you have a vacancy in an occupation listed on the Immediate Skill Shortage List (ISSL) in your region, or the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL), you will need to make a job offer to the person who you wish to employ so that they can satisfy the work visa and permit requirements. The prospective
employee must be able to demonstrate their skills and experience relevant to the job as described on
[/QUOTE]