Will unborn baby get a visa

Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

caitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nice
Default Will unborn baby get a visa

My family and I have been granted residency and RRVs for NZ. We have to show committment for 2 x 6 month periods over the next 2 years. Can't go completely yet cos house here in UK won't sell.
Eldest daughter has got pregnant SINCE application and is due her baby in January (having already been issued with residency). If my hubby (principal applicant) meets conditions of RRv and gets indefinite RRV thereafter - will my daughter still be eligible? Then BIG question - will the new baby be eligible by default - or a brand new application needed for a tidgy little sausage?
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Rosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Will unborn baby get a visa

Originally Posted by caitlin206
My family and I have been granted residency and RRVs for NZ. We have to show committment for 2 x 6 month periods over the next 2 years. Can't go completely yet cos house here in UK won't sell.
Eldest daughter has got pregnant SINCE application and is due her baby in January (having already been issued with residency). If my hubby (principal applicant) meets conditions of RRv and gets indefinite RRV thereafter - will my daughter still be eligible? Then BIG question - will the new baby be eligible by default - or a brand new application needed for a tidgy little sausage?
Congratulations

I got pregnant part way through my application for perm residency and contacted my caseworker to check implications. The options were, either not to have the visa's added to our passports until after the baby is born and then get her added to the existing application (within 6 months of being accepted) or moving to NZ at the planned time and then filling out a seperate residency for the baby (which would have meant more cost and paperwork etc). We chose to wait as it was much simpler to add her to our existing residency application before heading off to NZ.

Not sure if is will be the same in your case. It may be worth a quick call to your caseworker.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 1:30 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosiesue
Congratulations

I got pregnant part way through my application for perm residency and contacted my caseworker to check implications. The options were, either not to have the visa's added to our passports until after the baby is born and then get her added to the existing application (within 6 months of being accepted) or moving to NZ at the planned time and then filling out a seperate residency for the baby (which would have meant more cost and paperwork etc). We chose to wait as it was much simpler to add her to our existing residency application before heading off to NZ.
A child born in New Zealand with permanent resident parents is automatically a New Zealand citizen and no visa is required.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

caitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nice

Thank you so much for these replies but I think I need to clarify.
Application is already complete. We already have visas but can't go until May 2008. Baby will be born in January 2008. If when the baby is born we get her (yes she's a girl) a passport, will she automatically be entitled to travel to NZ because her mum has a perm visa?
Old Nov 14th 2007, 1:32 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caitlin206
Thank you so much for these replies but I think I need to clarify.
Application is already complete. We already have visas but can't go until May 2008. Baby will be born in January 2008. If when the baby is born we get her (yes she's a girl) a passport, will she automatically be entitled to travel to NZ because her mum has a perm visa?
If the plan is to settle in New Zealand then baby will most likely need a visa too.

Turning up on tourist status with a plan to stay longer is usually not recommended except in emergencies. (but it might come to that).

There is no automatic visa for overseas born children of NZ resident holders. It needs to be applied for.

If your NZ visas require that you go to NZ by a particular date then you may have a problem if it takes a long time to get the baby's visa.

Also - who is the father of the baby and might he want to stop the child being taken to Australia?

It would have been much simpler if arrangements had been made to have child born in New Zealand.