Why the timelag between EOI and ITA?

Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:45 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why the timelag between EOI and ITA?

I've seen in a bunch of people's timelines in their signature gaps of literally months between being picked from the pool, and receiving the ITA.

Anyone know why the wait is so long? Are they just backed up? Do they ask for a ton of extra info in this time? (and if so, what? )

Thanks all.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:09 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why the timelag between EOI and ITA?

Originally Posted by Maz
I've seen in a bunch of people's timelines in their signature gaps of literally months between being picked from the pool, and receiving the ITA.

Anyone know why the wait is so long? Are they just backed up? Do they ask for a ton of extra info in this time? (and if so, what? )

Thanks all.
You go on a list. Those with job offers first then the rest of us

You will defo be at the back married to a yank
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:30 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
You go on a list. Those with job offers first then the rest of us

You will defo be at the back married to a yank
I expect to be closer to the top of the list in a few weeks... will be near-bankrupting us tonight when I make a myriad of phone calls to agencies. Wish me luck!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:33 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
I expect to be closer to the top of the list in a few weeks... will be near-bankrupting us tonight when I make a myriad of phone calls to agencies. Wish me luck!
Good luck
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:40 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz

You don't need luck hun, you'll be fine

They'll be fighting over you!!!!
Old Mar 7th 2007, 12:18 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
You don't need luck hun, you'll be fine

They'll be fighting over you!!!!
You're too sweet, thank you! Well last night didn't pan out as expected, so will make some calls this avo.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 7:37 am
Banned

Maz took us 6 weeks without job offer to get ITA with 140 points. Charlies work is on the Absolute Skills Shortage List though.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 12:08 am
Maz

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Maz took us 6 weeks without job offer to get ITA with 140 points. Charlies work is on the Absolute Skills Shortage List though.
My work is on the long-term and absolute skills shortage lists. Apparently they change the number of points needed periodically, depending on their needs. The agencies I spoke to were all very knowledgeable about the immigration process, so have a feeling they use it quite a bit.