British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Why the timelag between EOI and ITA? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/why-timelag-between-eoi-ita-432760/)

Maz Mar 6th 2007 7:45 pm

Why the timelag between EOI and ITA?

I've seen in a bunch of people's timelines in their signature gaps of literally months between being picked from the pool, and receiving the ITA.

Anyone know why the wait is so long? Are they just backed up? Do they ask for a ton of extra info in this time? (and if so, what? :eek: )

Thanks all. :)

Jack The Lad Mar 6th 2007 9:09 pm

Re: Why the timelag between EOI and ITA?

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 4489974)
I've seen in a bunch of people's timelines in their signature gaps of literally months between being picked from the pool, and receiving the ITA.

Anyone know why the wait is so long? Are they just backed up? Do they ask for a ton of extra info in this time? (and if so, what? :eek: )

Thanks all. :)

You go on a list. Those with job offers first then the rest of us ;)

You will defo be at the back married to a yank :rofl:

Maz Mar 6th 2007 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad (Post 4490308)
You go on a list. Those with job offers first then the rest of us ;)

You will defo be at the back married to a yank :rofl:

:p :p :p I expect to be closer to the top of the list in a few weeks... will be near-bankrupting us tonight when I make a myriad of phone calls to agencies. Wish me luck! :thumbup:

Jack The Lad Mar 6th 2007 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 4490409)
:p :p :p I expect to be closer to the top of the list in a few weeks... will be near-bankrupting us tonight when I make a myriad of phone calls to agencies. Wish me luck! :thumbup:

Good luck :D

P2L Mar 6th 2007 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 4490409)

You don't need luck hun, you'll be fine :thumbup: :thumbup:

They'll be fighting over you!!!!

Maz Mar 7th 2007 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 4490455)
You don't need luck hun, you'll be fine :thumbup: :thumbup:

They'll be fighting over you!!!!

You're too sweet, thank you! :) Well last night didn't pan out as expected, so will make some calls this avo. :)

Jack The Lad Mar 10th 2007 7:37 am

Maz took us 6 weeks without job offer to get ITA with 140 points. Charlies work is on the Absolute Skills Shortage List though.

Maz Mar 11th 2007 12:08 am

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad (Post 4504140)
Maz took us 6 weeks without job offer to get ITA with 140 points. Charlies work is on the Absolute Skills Shortage List though.

My work is on the long-term and absolute skills shortage lists. Apparently they change the number of points needed periodically, depending on their needs. The agencies I spoke to were all very knowledgeable about the immigration process, so have a feeling they use it quite a bit. ;)