Why so long for NZ police check?

Old Jun 25th 2019, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

hallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why so long for NZ police check?

I contacted my immigration officer on 20 May and was told that they had everythig they needed but were just waiting for my husband's NZ police check then they could process the application. My kid's citizenship and passports had just come through so I posted those to my application and sent another note.
As it's been over a month so I emailed again last night and recieved an email this morning saying they are still waiitng for the police check and that it will be another 4 weeks.
WTF? We still have 12 weeks but that is rapidly being eaten up and I can do without the additional stress.

Ps. He has a clean record and hasn't lived in NZ for 19 years ;-)
Old Jun 25th 2019, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why so long for NZ police check?

They are supposed to return them within 20 working days but are notoriously consistent in failing to meet that target.
Old Jun 25th 2019, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

hallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond repute

So frustrating.
We managed to achieve so much in such a short time for my application that it's ridiculous something that should be straightforward is holding us up.
We need to go at the end of September and that time is rapidly disappearing.

Do you happen to know if there are any other watchouts/typical delays?
Our case should be fairly cut and dry - together 12 years, 2 kids, 2 mortgages, lots of evidence of our relationship, kids now have citizenship and passports....
Old Jun 25th 2019, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

KOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hallie_day
Our case should be fairly cut and dry - together 12 years, 2 kids, 2 mortgages, lots of evidence of our relationship, kids now have citizenship and passports....
12 years together, kids, marriage certificate don't seem to matter.

In our case we had to prove that we had been in a loving and stable relationship over the past 12 months. After 14 years of marriage we didn't seem to have that many 'couple' photos - of course there was other evidence, but they wanted more proof of this stable relationship.

Don't worry - you'll get there in the end. At least it's not like the UK where you have to have a minimum income for your overseas spouse to join you.
Old Jun 25th 2019, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KOH2
12 years together, kids, marriage certificate don't seem to matter.

In our case we had to prove that we had been in a loving and stable relationship over the past 12 months. After 14 years of marriage we didn't seem to have that many 'couple' photos - of course there was other evidence, but they wanted more proof of this stable relationship.

Don't worry - you'll get there in the end. At least it's not like the UK where you have to have a minimum income for your overseas spouse to join you.
God, I hate photos and totally avoid having mine taken so I mostly have ones of the kids, maybe including my husband. And by now our email conversations are largely of the 'can you pick up some milk/collect the children/pay the cleaner' variety than anything remotely loving.....
Given he is going back to take over the family business and therefore has a good salary offer, and we have enough money from our sale to buy a house outright in Auckland, I think I would rather the UK way.
Old Jun 25th 2019, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

But thanks for the tip.
I'll start hunting for stuff :-)
Old Jun 25th 2019, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

KOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond repute

God, I hate photos and totally avoid having mine taken so I mostly have ones of the kids, maybe including my husband.
Same case here - hubby wrote and explained + we managed to find a couple of photos where we were all together.

You just have to remember - the history doesn't matter - they're only concerned with the past 12 months.

And by now our email conversations are largely of the 'can you pick up some milk/collect the children/pay the cleaner' variety than anything remotely loving......
Well, I'm sure that fulfills the 'stable' part of the relationship

Old Jun 25th 2019, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

We're buggered then. I have found one photo of us together in the last year.
And more emails about steam cleaners and overdue library books..... they do have kisses on them though!

Bloody hell, I don't even really want to go.