who's submitting their ITA this week?

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:20 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute
Talking who's submitting their ITA this week?

Well, just being nosey really, as I just came back from the P.O. after posting ours, special "next day before 1pm" delivery, yay! Care to place bets on how many times I'll check our status from tomorrow afternoon?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Sharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: who's submitting their ITA this week?

Originally Posted by Water Lily
Well, just being nosey really, as I just came back from the P.O. after posting ours, special "next day before 1pm" delivery, yay! Care to place bets on how many times I'll check our status from tomorrow afternoon?
Hi

Congratulations on submitting your ITA!

We are to submit ours as soon as we get the police checks back. Did you send original copies of your certificates? and did you send the actual X rays from your medicals?

Sorry if these seem daft questions lol

Sharon
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

Hi ya Water Lily,
We are hopefully putting ours for special delivery this week also........ gawddddddddddddddddd then we will how the stress levels rise whilst waiting.... I am not very good at playing the waiting game here..... Steve has better patience than I do...
Good luck everyone will keep an eye on the board to see who finds out first about decision successful

Steve and Dee
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:17 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharon005
Hi

Congratulations on submitting your ITA!

We are to submit ours as soon as we get the police checks back. Did you send original copies of your certificates? and did you send the actual X rays from your medicals?

Sorry if these seem daft questions lol

Sharon
Thanks Sharon, I was really excited this morning, but a little scared at the same time, wondering whether I had forgotten anything and worrying that they might find something wrong with it! Guess everyone feels the same to some degree...

I sent originals of everything, including a photocopy behind each original as that is the way they seem to like it. Cheaper than paying for certified copies, and I believe in the case of police certificates they might want to keep the originals anyway, but don't quote me on that!

As for the x-rays, no, do NOT send them in, they do not want/need to see them and I'm sure I read somewhere amongst all the information they send you with the ITA that they will not return them to you, but destroy them , so hold on to them!

Good luck with the police certificates, hope they arrive soon so you can submit your ITA too!

Originally Posted by over50
Hi ya Water Lily,
We are hopefully putting ours for special delivery this week also........ gawddddddddddddddddd then we will how the stress levels rise whilst waiting.... I am not very good at playing the waiting game here..... Steve has better patience than I do...
Good luck everyone will keep an eye on the board to see who finds out first about decision successful

Steve and Dee
Haha, you sound just like me, I have to say I may have many virtues but patience is not one of them! (modesty isn't either obviously )

Let us know when yours is on its way to London, and yes let's keep each other posted, it's good to have moral support
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh we put urs in on Thursday, just check with the Royal Mail on line and it says they have received it at their offices, so now it's wait out!

Good luck to everyone and be sure to post when you hear something.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:51 am
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Hiya teebrown, well I expect you will hear pretty soon as you have a job offer, don't you? Which means they'll give your application priority....

Us people without job offers will have to learn the meaning of patience! On the other hand, things seem to have moved very quickly for other peeps recently, so there's always hope!

Plus, I just checked the London branch page and I found this:

Skilled migrant applicants without job offers

Once the pre-populated application form is returned to the London branch it should be allocated to a visa officer within four months. As an example, for the week ending 13 June 2008 we are allocating files lodged up to and including 11 June 2008.

That looks pretty quick to me!!! Fingers crossed they haven't been inundated with applications in the last 2 weeks, as if I'm reading this right, it means we could have an officer allocated this Friday?!? Yikes!

Better not get our hopes up though.... difficult not to get excited though!
Old Jun 24th 2008, 12:48 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

For all of those who are lacking in patience I have a bit of good news

I sent in my ITA on around the 10th June, had an interview a week ago and received a letter this morning saying I had been granted PR!!!!!
So it's taken just over 2 weeks to go from sending in my ITA to getting a result I take back everything I've ever said about NZIS being slow, it was obviously just my application!
And this is without a job offer

Hoping all of you will hear this quickly
Sue
Old Jun 24th 2008, 1:54 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Well if it happened that quickly for us I'd be a VERY happy bunny

However, I have a tiny suspicion that your application may have been given some preferential treatment... Which would of course be absolutely fair after your 5+ month wait!!!

Still, looks like things are moving quickly for other people too, so you never know, we might get lucky!

Thanks for the encouragement!

PS. Did your "status" change after sending in your ITA? I mean, did they acknowledge having received it in any way?!

Last edited by Water Lily; Jun 24th 2008 at 1:56 pm. Reason: forgot the PS
Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue R
Hi all,

For all of those who are lacking in patience I have a bit of good news

I sent in my ITA on around the 10th June, had an interview a week ago and received a letter this morning saying I had been granted PR!!!!!
So it's taken just over 2 weeks to go from sending in my ITA to getting a result I take back everything I've ever said about NZIS being slow, it was obviously just my application!
And this is without a job offer

Hoping all of you will hear this quickly
Sue
Sue fantastic news about your PR and just in time for going away so you can enjoy your trip without wondering if the decision has been made yet and no need to check NZIS website 10 times a day!!

Congratulations

Phyllis
Old Jun 24th 2008, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

Righty, we have just got back from picking up medical reports etc..... got an appointment tomorrow for solicitor for certified copies then ITA going in post thursday morning....yikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkes
Will have to wait now for how ever long it takes which hopefully wont be too long. I did talk to our visa officer yesterday to find out how long and was told anything from 1 to 3 months.... but she said she can't be more explicit..... from what has been said on here she may have just been edging here bets a bit. Well what ever happens now we are in the hands of the immigration dept well and truely now, it is totally up to them.
Here's hoping all of us hear soon.
Congrats Sue on hearing hope you get your flights, moving and everything else booked okay without any hiccoughs. Good luck in NZ and hopefully we will all be following on soon.

Steve and Dee
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:50 am
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Excellent Steve & Dee, one step closer now!

I just picked up a phone call and nearly fell over backwards when I was greeted by someone with a kiwi accent

Apparently our payment was getting rejected, so I had to give them a different credit card. This one did work and our status has now changed to.....

"APPLICATION RECEIVED" Hurrrraaaaah!!!!!!!

Was very tempted to ask them if they were going to look at it today, but didn't dare in case they thought I was being pushy They sounded very friendly but didn't want to push my luck
Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Crickey Water Lily, I would have had to have been revived after that call...... I would have passed out just at the sound of the voice.... nah not really but hey it would have made my heart race a little.... next phone call will be the one though I am sure Water Lily fingers crossed here for you and yours.....
Let us know how you get on.
Steve and Dee.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Couldn't see the int in waiting till tomorrow so we posted it today, it should be there by 1pm tomorrow afternoon I suddenly feel totally out of control of the situation now. It's all in the hands of Immigration now.
Steve and Dee.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 7:17 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Excellent, well done! The die is cast!

I have to say my heart did skip a beat when I heard the accent, but managed to stay calm and collected

Looking at your timeline, it looks like you got your ITA quicker than us, which means you probably have more points, which means you probably will hear back sooner than us.... :curse: Only kidding, I'm just jealous

I don't mind you having your interview before us, then you can tell us all about it and give us tips
Old Jun 25th 2008, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

I have a job offer in Nelson already Water Lily so I wont have to go through the interview with New Zealand house, Gawddddddddd I hope not I had 2 interviews for the job from NZ and that was bad enough, my nerves were in total tatters after them. We do have a case worker already assigned but I very much doubt if it will affect the timing of when we hear yea or nah. I reckon they just go through them as they get them.
Good luck to you and hope we all hear something soon.
Steve and Dee.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.