Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Who can witness declarations and certify certificates?

Who can witness declarations and certify certificates?

Old Aug 29th 2010, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

MrsCheeks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who can witness declarations and certify certificates?

Rgards having witnesses sign declarations - will they accept a JP (Justice of the Peace) signature for immigration purposes?

JP's don't charge for their services on witnessing legal documents you see, so that would be a load off for anyone going through the process. Massive bonus for me 7 yrs ago when I was registering a business and couldnt afford the solicitors fees!

Those in the UK, you can get JP details from local council offices or even in the Yellow Pages
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 2:06 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Who can witness declarations and certify certificates?

Yes. A Justice of the Peace would be OK.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:57 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

When I needed certified copies to send in with my ITA I got quotes for £2 per certification by some solicitors and that was in London so it isn't that expensive. The notary public I had to use for my NZ occupational registration was a lot more...I had no choice with that
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Persephone
When I needed certified copies to send in with my ITA I got quotes for £2 per certification by some solicitors and that was in London so it isn't that expensive. The notary public I had to use for my NZ occupational registration was a lot more...I had no choice with that
Thanks guys for all your input. Got charged £5 in London which I was quite happy with until I saw this - solicitor tried to charge us £10, but my partner bartered him down to £5. Never mind, all done now, good to know for future reference though.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

joannii is an unknown quantity at this point

Is a headteacher ok?
Old Sep 4th 2010, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by joannii
Is a headteacher ok?
Not sure about certifying certificates but definitely not for witnessing declarations unfortunately.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

gaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nice

Originally Posted by BevK
Not sure about certifying certificates but definitely not for witnessing declarations unfortunately.
Is a British Army Officer OK for certifying certificates?
Old Sep 5th 2010, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gaz1277
Is a British Army Officer OK for certifying certificates?
From a bit of reading that I have done, it is the same bodies that witness declarations that have to certify certificates as well. I found it easier to send in the originals with photocopies and let immigration certify them when I sent my application in. That way it doesnt cost you anything except the postage to return them to you. Hope this helps. Somebody else might know differently??