British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Who can sponsor? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/who-can-sponsor-510738/)

j19fmm Jan 31st 2008 8:28 pm

Who can sponsor?

Hi, does anyone know exactly how close a relative has to be to sponsor you?
I have my uncle and numerous cousins in NZ.Could any of them do it for me?
Thank you, x:)

BEVS Jan 31st 2008 8:42 pm

Re: Who can sponsor?

No m'love. I'm afraid not.

j19fmm Jan 31st 2008 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS here (Post 5866196)
No m'love. I'm afraid not.

Thanks Bev, just looking for an easy route:rofl::rofl::rofl:

BEVS Jan 31st 2008 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 5866286)
Thanks Bev, just looking for an easy route

Don't blame you mate. Not one bit :D

gimley Feb 4th 2008 7:42 pm

Can my brother sponser me?

He has a long term girlfriend who got in on his visa.

I move on a 12 months visa on the 26th this month i dont want to come back to the uk.
I am a truck driver to trade and know it aint a ltss but as long as i cant get the rid employment offer with wages and hours etc then i hope to be able to get accepted for a wtr visa.

Let me know what you think.

scottishnomad Feb 4th 2008 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by gimley (Post 5884240)

I move on a 12 months visa on the 26th this month i dont want to come back to the uk.
I am a truck driver to trade and know it aint a ltss but as long as i cant get the rid employment offer with wages and hours etc then i hope to be able to get accepted for a wtr visa.

As your brother, I think I can sponsor you once I am resident but I am not sure if there is Critera as to how long I have to be in the country before I can sponsor you.

See you in a few weeks, :)

gimley Feb 5th 2008 10:48 am

ur ma

kato33 Feb 8th 2008 8:33 am

Originally Posted by gimley (Post 5884240)

My OH is a truckie and we cannot get WTR only a temp work visa. Look into it.
Saying that though, we are leaving the UK in 11 days time and hope to fins another way of getting residency.

gimley Feb 8th 2008 8:36 am

Ye i only have a temp visa as well and hope after the 12 months with a permanent job offer and 6 months or so in the job to be able to get a wtr. I leave on the 26th, so same as you going this month. Good luck

kato33 Feb 8th 2008 8:39 am

Originally Posted by gimley (Post 5903417)
Ye i only have a temp visa as well and hope after the 12 months with a permanent job offer and 6 months or so in the job to be able to get a wtr. I leave on the 26th, so same as you going this month. Good luck

Best wishes to you. Didn't know you could do wtr as a truckie.
We fly out to Rotorua on the 19th.

gimley Feb 8th 2008 9:06 am

From what i understand if i can get a job offer with a accredited company on a pa salary of $50k then you can. Dont quote me on that though. Good luck