Where do we start?

Old May 20th 2013, 10:14 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do we start?

Um, sorry, can't help. I applied for a family category visa over ten years ago which won't be relevant to your situation at present. Yes I had to fill in the health form, get my doctor to fill in a form and I had to supply a chest x-ray as part of the process.

However, more relevant information might be more, um, relevant.
Old May 20th 2013, 10:37 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

when you make your appt for the Panel Dr's just ask them what you need. can't remember taking anything with us. had to do urine sample whilst there, then saw a nurse who weighed, measured, blood pressure, think there might of been an eye test ? then into see the Dr who had a rather large form to fill in. he moaned as it was like 4 pages long and Canada only has 1. because I am a lady of a certain age I had to have a breast exam as well.
Old May 21st 2013, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Katej
My next question.... does anybody know what we need to bring when we go for our general medical? The INZ1007 form says that you have to bring 'All your medical notes and reports, immunisation record, blood test results, X-rays, scans and anything else that is relevant to your health' ???
We took nothing and as stated just did a urine test, and the usual heart and blood pressure etc
They do not check re any previous history, in fact when I mentioned I had a condition to do with low blood pressure the dr said I'm going to ignore it as that will delay the medical process
It is purely based on your honesty

Good luck, let us know where your headed
Old May 21st 2013, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

skirmy is an unknown quantity at this point

My next question.... does anybody know what we need to bring when we go for our general medical? The INZ1007 form says that you have to bring 'All your medical notes and reports, immunisation record, blood test results, X-rays, scans and anything else that is relevant to your health' ???
Hello,
we completed a working visa under super quick circumstances also just a few months ago! We didnt need to take any past medical information with us to the panel doctor - but were asked to bring any medication we were on to be noted. We were told it would take a few hours and be very in depth but in reality it wasnt. We first had our x-rays, followed by a urine sample, and finally spent 15 minutes with a doctor who ran through medical history and asked us to sign a lot of pages!
One thing they definately needed every step of your way was your passport though - so if you havent got your fast track passport back , it would be worth waiting i think as they were very careful at each step to verify we were in fact us
Old May 21st 2013, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Katej is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again for the replies everybody, really helpful.. getting passports fast tracked next week, then medical and x-rays straight after, so lots to do.

Can I ask how long it took you to get working visas from start to finish Moonie?

2 of my grown up kids are headed off to NZ on working visas tonight!!!
Old May 21st 2013, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Can I ask how long it took you to get working visas from start to finish Moonie
Submitted in london 2pm Monday, delivered back to Devon by courier 10 am Friday morning
Old May 21st 2013, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

WOW, fantastic and well done...
Old May 21st 2013, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

wow that is great Moonie, well done!

Our circumstances were a little different to that - our Visa's took approx 7 weeks at the time (which felt like a lifetime!) and as I had a job offer here in NZ, I had to put the start date back by a month.

We submitted our forms mid January, and after two weeks we had them back because we had not submitted enough evidence of our marriage. Maybe I was being a bit Naive but I did not think that would apply to a UK to UK Marriage which happened so many years before the application was submitted. Our wedding certificate etc was not enough - but on submitting tons of photos through the years etc - that did the trick)

From resubmission the Visa was approved approximately 5 weeks later. We were told our medical forms were referred to a medical expert in NZ, which caused the delay. To this day we do not know why (we are healthy people with no issues!) but everything must have been ok as we were granted a 3 year working visa shortly after!

At the time 7 weeks felt like forever - but still relatively straight forward, just the wait killed us!

Good luck with your application - and If in doubt sent as much evidence as you can - even if you feel like its over kill!
Old May 22nd 2013, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Some good advice there Skirmy, thanks again.

Can you tell me how long it took for your Police certificate to come back after it was submitted?
Old May 23rd 2013, 4:37 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Where do we start?

Some good advice there Skirmy, thanks again.

Can you tell me how long it took for your Police certificate to come back after it was submitted?
Hi Katej,
No problem at all. Our criminal checks took approx 8 days from receipt I think but that was in the standard service (£45). They say this service can be a 10 day wait though.

If you need it sooner you can pay for the premium service (£80) which will process your application in 2 days (excluding delivery) and you can pay for next day delivery back to you also if you need it back quickly.
Old May 23rd 2013, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Hi Me again

I'm travelling 80 miles to get my passport fast tracked on Tuesday so can't afford to get it wrong. Hubby took them to our local post office and paid £8.50 each to have them rejected, because there were a couple of things I hadn't filled in... only because I wasn't 100% sure and wanted to check them out!

Anyway I'm still not sure about 1 part on section 2 so hoping someone can help.

Because I'm with hubby number 2, not sure if in section 2 of the form where it asks for 'Maiden or all previous names (surname first)' I should put my former surname plus first names, then in section 8 (additional information )my maiden surname plus first names. The girl in the post office has just put down my former surname and maiden surname, can anybody help?
Old May 30th 2013, 4:44 am
Just Joined

Default Shipping fees

Got our passports fast tracked by very helpful and very pleasant staff in Glasgow passport office, health checks and x-ray's done, police check application submitted so fingers crossed Will start on visa forms at the weekend!!

My questions for today are which company should we get to ship our worldly possessions? Can anybody give me an indication of cost from Glasgow to Wellington area? and last but not least is there any problem with delivery if we're living in rural area? (thought I read something about this)

Thanks again everybody.
Old May 30th 2013, 5:21 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping fees

Got our passports fast tracked by very helpful and very pleasant staff in Glasgow passport office, health checks and x-ray's done, police check application submitted so fingers crossed Will start on visa forms at the weekend!!

My questions for today are which company should we get to ship our worldly possessions? Can anybody give me an indication of cost from Glasgow to Wellington area? and last but not least is there any problem with delivery if we're living in rural area? (thought I read something about this)

Thanks again everybody.
Excellent news ! I bet you've never been so x-rayed, blood tested, health checked and police checked all in one go in your life !

Shipping company - sorry, same advice as I'd give anyone. Contact removal firms from your local telephone directory. Ask them to come round and give you a quote. When you have a few quotes you can play the companies off against each other. I used PSS but other companies are Crown, Pickfords etc. PSS cost 4,000GBP to ship a twenty foot container which had our three bedroom house lot of stuff from Surrey to Christchurch. We took their insurance 'cause I couldn't be bothered to find alternative insurance e.g. Letton Percival, which other people have used.

It was NZ Van Lines that delivered our stuff to our rental in Christchurch. Check whether you are paying for a door to door service, we did.

We did not have an address for our furniture etc to be delivered to in Christchurch. We advised the removal firm of our address once we found a rental in Christchurch which was about 2 weeks after our stuff docked. To cut long story short we sent our stuff to NZ ahead of us. The removal company gave us 2 weeks free dockside storage. Which in the event was actually at their business premises, however, no matter.

Delivering rurally ? When we bailed out of Christchurch en route to Wanganui in June 2011 we used, 'Allied Movers'. They were perfectly capable of finding the address of the rented property there. I don't think an address in Wellington (what's rural Wellington ?) should be difficult to find.

Last edited by Snap Shot; May 30th 2013 at 5:25 am.
Old May 31st 2013, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Snapshot, think I'm beginning to get my head round all this and have spent most of today looking through immigration websites and filling in application forms

Anyway my questions for today... can anybody confirm that the fees for a visa application under the Essential skills is £135, same as Partnership based visa? can hubby and I pay both amounts on his Essential Skills application form and what is the £24 service charge mentioned on the fees information.

Thanks again to everybody for all the help
Old May 31st 2013, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Anyway my questions for today... can anybody confirm that the fees for a visa application under the Essential skills is £135, same as Partnership based visa? can hubby and I pay both amounts on his Essential Skills application form and what is the £24 service charge mentioned on the fees information.
Hi Karen, our WTR & partnership visa was £135 each, so sounds the same. The £24 service charges is what we pay for the pleasure of putting in the application. This is per application. Then on top of that is the priority return posting fee, to ensure your documents and passports are returned safely by courier, think this was about £6 per application

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.