Where do we start?

Old May 31st 2013, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Katej is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Where do we start?

Hi Moonie,

Sorry to sound so dumb, think I've just been looking at this for too long today but does this mean we can put down the total on hubby's application as £324 (2x£135 + 2x£24 + £6) or do we need to pay it on each individual applications at £165 (£135 + £24 + £6)

PS think I'm going to need all the luck I can get
Old May 31st 2013, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Where do we start?

Help... think I'm going insane!!

For a Partnership based temporary visa do you need to provide original documents showing proof of relationship? I've just photocopied everything and put the originals away but it looks like I'm going to have to hunt them all out again
Old May 31st 2013, 9:32 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katej
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it !!
Old May 31st 2013, 9:42 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

For a Partnership based temporary visa do you need to provide original documents showing proof of relationship? I've just photocopied everything and put the originals away but it looks like I'm going to have to hunt them all out again
I have a family category visa as I'm married to a New Zealander and we had to provide proof of our relationship. I'm guessing partnership visa would require similar evidence. Such as photos of both of you (that are suitable for 3rd party viewing ! ,) invitations, utility bills in both your names, proof of jointly owned property. Your partner might have to write a letter in support of your application confirming that your relationship is genuine. My husband did this for me. Isn't the list of evidence required listed on the NZIS website ?
Old May 31st 2013, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Moonie,

Sorry to sound so dumb, think I've just been looking at this for too long today but does this mean we can put down the total on hubby's application as £324 (2x£135 + 2x£24 + £6) or do we need to pay it on each individual applications at £165 (£135 + £24 + £6)
Hi Kate, we left the total amount blank as we weren't sure and the guy at the immigration service filled it in and took the total amount on the credit card.
I'm sure that they won't worry about such a minor matter
We also took the train to London and submitted it personally, the office is just down the road from Paddington Station, for £50 train fare felt it very worth it and the guy there was very very helpful
Old May 31st 2013, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Originals all the way, keep the copies at home
Old Jun 4th 2013, 5:15 am
Just Joined

ukarchitect is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm pretty sure It was the - £324 (2x£135 + 2x£24 + £6) or 5 x in our case...
Old Jun 4th 2013, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that, think that's what we'll probably send. Visa forms all complete now (hopefully) just waiting for medicals etc to come back so fingers crossed it will be all systems go soon... then the fun will start . Are there any ex-pats out living near Levin? Would like to hear your thoughts on it ...
Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:41 pm

I live in Wanganui which is about 100kms (65miles) from Levin. I went to Levin for a job interview once but they turned me down which was just as well. A daily 200km (130mile) round trip For an admin job

The, 'Whispers' café on Oxford Street which is Levin's main street is very nice. (I once got a parking ticket in Levin, it was such an exciting day !) I don't know if Levin has a passenger train station. If so, commuting to Wellington in one direction and Palmerston North in the other direction could be a consideration. Levin is a provincial town which has a lot of shops. If your needs go beyond needing vehicles and chainsaws you might have to go to WGTN or PN.

Coastlands shopping mall is about 45 mins drive away which is in Paraparam, just outside Wellington. You have to turn right to get into the car park while the opposing traffic on State Highway 1 comes hammering towards you ! No traffic lights as it's a motorway ! It's one of my favourite, 'worst' road junctions in the area. If someone knows a better way of getting into the Coastlands shopping centre car park, please enlighten me.

The New World supermarket in Levin is one of the few supermarkets I can get Colmans Mint sauce. The New World in Wanganui doesn't sell that brand. Well, you needed the important information didn't you ?

Last edited by Snap Shot; Jun 4th 2013 at 9:01 pm. Reason: mint sauce
Old Jun 4th 2013, 10:16 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Coastlands shopping mall is about 45 mins drive away which is in Paraparam, just outside Wellington. You have to turn right to get into the car park while the opposing traffic on State Highway 1 comes hammering towards you ! No traffic lights as it's a motorway ! It's one of my favourite, 'worst' road junctions in the area. If someone knows a better way of getting into the Coastlands shopping centre car park, please enlighten me.
As soon as you come into Param from Levin way don't go down as far as the exit into Countdown turn right at the set of lights before hand, by the Esso petrol station, then do a left at the next set of lights. Drive along as if you are going to Pak n Save, turn left into Pak n Save car park, park up.

Levin is further north than us, we're in Pukerua Bay, 30 odd mins from Wellington. Go through Levin a bit so can only comment on the main road and as Snap Shot said its a provincial town, does have a good sized park for the kids from what we have seen. Have you tried google maps to have a look round.?

Is Levin where you are coming to?
Old Jun 5th 2013, 6:32 am

Thanks Mrs F
Old Jun 7th 2013, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Cheers snapshot you've really sold it to me lol My husband has been offered a job on a farm on the outskirts of Levin, I've had a look round the area on google earth so got a rough idea of what it looks like. Forget about vehicles and chainsaws where's M&S
Old Jun 7th 2013, 11:00 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Forget about vehicles and chainsaws where's M&S
on the interweb via free shipping offers to NZ. use http://www.importduty.co.nz/ to stop you paying inport tax
Old Jun 8th 2013, 2:22 am

Cheers snapshot you've really sold it to me lol My husband has been offered a job on a farm on the outskirts of Levin, I've had a look round the area on google earth so got a rough idea of what it looks like. Forget about vehicles and chainsaws where's M&S

What do you want M&S for, I thought you were going to live the country life ? You can make your own yoghurt, bake your own bread.....it's what people come to New Zealand for..........apparently !

Good luck, hope all goes well.
Old Jun 8th 2013, 6:24 am
Just Joined

Lol, was only jokingabout M&S... Mind you, I've been saying for years that it was time I learnt to make my own bread but making yoghurt, that's taking it a bit too far!!! Think I'll manage fine so long as there's plenty of barbies, salad and good NZ wine.

Thanks for wishing me good luck... will keep you posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.