Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

When they say they can process a visa quickly....

When they say they can process a visa quickly....

Old Dec 27th 2009, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of
Default Re: When they say they can process a visa quickly....

Hey Cadibel

thanks - when you refer to collection to speed up Visa - I presume that the famed 'blue stickers' had been awarded already, is that right? I haven't heard of anything short of a firm job offer that will speed up the visa processing.
If collecting my passports will help, I'll get straight on to it.

I am with Education Personnel too, they seem lovely. Maybe I shall be lucky too. As soon as they get back from their Christmas break I will ask them for their advice about 'jumping' and going over without a job offer.

Where are you going to in NZ? There are a few areas I fancy.
thanks
Jax
Old Dec 27th 2009, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

The Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to all

Hi, just to let you know a brand new school fo 10 to 19 years is opening middle of next year in Papamoa, Bay of Plenty. Also my friends just walked into all the schools here and had a chat with the heads. Networking is big here in NZ and being in the right place at the right time. They don't always like to advertise if they can save money they will. Also you get to look around the school first before taking the plunge. I live in Mt Maunganui, Tauranga Bay of Plenty. A bit pricey to live here but everyone is so friendly its just like being on holiday all the time. We get the most sunshine hours and beauitful beaches, this is the holiday hotspot for most New Zealanders. goodluck
Old Dec 28th 2009, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mudblood21
Hey Cadibel

thanks - when you refer to collection to speed up Visa - I presume that the famed 'blue stickers' had been awarded already, is that right? I haven't heard of anything short of a firm job offer that will speed up the visa processing.
If collecting my passports will help, I'll get straight on to it.

I am with Education Personnel too, they seem lovely. Maybe I shall be lucky too. As soon as they get back from their Christmas break I will ask them for their advice about 'jumping' and going over without a job offer.

Where are you going to in NZ? There are a few areas I fancy.
thanks
Jax
Hi Jax,

We had had the confirmation email - went down to NZ house with our passports, waited an hour and they put in the blus stickers there and then!

We are in Auckland - the Eastern Suburbs (Manaku City area). We were torn between there and the North Shore, but the jobs came up that side 1st!

Good luck with both the job situation and visas
Old Dec 28th 2009, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Cadibel and Jezzers,

Thanks for your advice and good wishes. I emailed the agency and they will be back on the 5th January.

BOP sounds great, as does Auckland - I hope to find a job somewhere as good as they are.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Victoria-Wayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there!

We are the teacher friends 'The Jezzers' have referred to who just busked out on Visitor's Visas whilst ITAs were being processed. Vicky from Ed Personnel was excellent as she just set up lots of informal chats in the area we had picked to live. The way it seems to work is that the heads build up a bank of potential employees to draw upon when posts come up. Wayne had been into Mount College for a 'chat' with head, knowing there was no job available at the time, but was told that if something came up that he'd be in line for it... just a few weeks passed and he was called in to speak with HOD and came home a few hrs later with a job after drinking homebrew with the HOD after school????? It's very laidback!! Think it's less so around Auckland, however. Anything we can do, let me know! I'd be wary of accepting any job, any area.... am glad we chose where we wanted to live first although it seemed at bit of a gamble at the time!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Victoria-Wayne
Hi there!

We are the teacher friends 'The Jezzers' have referred to who just busked out on Visitor's Visas whilst ITAs were being processed. Vicky from Ed Personnel was excellent as she just set up lots of informal chats in the area we had picked to live. The way it seems to work is that the heads build up a bank of potential employees to draw upon when posts come up. Wayne had been into Mount College for a 'chat' with head, knowing there was no job available at the time, but was told that if something came up that he'd be in line for it... just a few weeks passed and he was called in to speak with HOD and came home a few hrs later with a job after drinking homebrew with the HOD after school????? It's very laidback!! Think it's less so around Auckland, however. Anything we can do, let me know! I'd be wary of accepting any job, any area.... am glad we chose where we wanted to live first although it seemed at bit of a gamble at the time!

Hi Victoria and Wayne- thanks for your post.
I am with Vicky, too. During the Christmas break I read advice on expats that my best bet would be to decamp (as you did) over to NZ to give myself a better chance of picking up a job. At the end of the holiday I had a phone call from Mel (who was back a week before Vicky ) advising me in the strongest terms NOT to go over, but to stay put. All this contradicts all that I read on expats - it is so confusing.

I think I will email them again and see what they say.

Thanks for the advice regarding location - i was happy to be flexible (within reason) - firstly as I am older and aware that this might make it more difficult to get employed, because i wanted to get in quickly, enabling my son to be able to start 6th form at the start of the academic year.

thanks

Jax
Old Feb 5th 2010, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

viv jones has a spectacular aura aboutviv jones has a spectacular aura aboutviv jones has a spectacular aura about

Hiya
I read your link with interest as my OH and I have arrived in Auckland three weeks ago and we are teachers looking for work. We have been around 22 of the local schools in person clutching CV and references etc. I sent my details off to Education Personnel sometime before we left and made contact again last week vie their email system but I have heard nothing at all from them.
Once you had signed up via their website did they get back to you and what was the time scale please? They say on their site they contact the reference people provided on the CV and I know these will be really good for us so I cannot see why we have not heard anything!!!
Thanks
Old Feb 6th 2010, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

I can't remember exactly how long it all took. I know one of my referees didn't see the email and that this held me up quite a bit - maybe you could ask your referees if they have received any requests yet?

They are all very approachable at the agency- maybe you could ring them, see if there is a problem? There is another agency, (i think they were called 'Oasis',) I spoke with them too, and they seemed equally friendly. I did find out that it isn't like England, where people use more than one agency, being a bit tiny round the edges, it is normal just to use one.

best of luck, let me know how you get on.
x
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:50 am
Just Joined

karenwicks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by viv jones
We are in the same situation Both OH and I are teachers). Sitting without UK jobs now having resigned so we could make ourselves available for overseas interviews etc...struggling to get a teaching job in NZ as I cannot confirm the start that they need in Feb. I am still in a queue in London and it is 4 months of waiting now and no case officer. I did contact them and quoted the lifted bit on the Web site re queue times that has been shown above, but they just said they are behind this now and without a firm job offer my application cannot come out of the queue. I am being told by NZ that I need to be able to confirm a start date as you cannot have a class of children and no teacher....... so we are in limbo. I think the words "quickly" and "visa processing" don't fit together!
Viv
I know how you feel, and we are tied to three resignation dates as UK teachers which doesn't fit in with NZ term dates!! GRRR! I am planning to resign for end of August and go over without a job offer (visas permitting) as I have had no luck applying for jobs from this end at all. We are currently 'in limbo' too- we have been allocated a case officer nearly three months ago, but still waiting........ x ps Oasis seem a very good teaching agency in NZ, I have had some useful information from them
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karenwicks
I know how you feel, and we are tied to three resignation dates as UK teachers which doesn't fit in with NZ term dates!! GRRR! I am planning to resign for end of August and go over without a job offer (visas permitting) as I have had no luck applying for jobs from this end at all. We are currently 'in limbo' too- we have been allocated a case officer nearly three months ago, but still waiting........ x ps Oasis seem a very good teaching agency in NZ, I have had some useful information from them

I am puzzled about you waiting three months after getting a case officer - i had an email on Sat announcing that I had one, and my phone interview on the monday! Are there some complications with medicals or something?

I had to ditch my job, but I went with 'just teachers' as a supply teacher, and they were very good. completely understanding about how little commitment i could offer, and i have had a good experience with them.

I wish you lots of luck !
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mudblood21
I am puzzled about you waiting three months after getting a case officer - i had an email on Sat announcing that I had one, and my phone interview on the monday! Are there some complications with medicals or something?

I had to ditch my job, but I went with 'just teachers' as a supply teacher, and they were very good. completely understanding about how little commitment i could offer, and i have had a good experience with them.

I wish you lots of luck !
Thanks, I don't know what's holding them up as our medicals are all passed. When she initially made contact she requested a few further bits of paperwork to add to the application, and we have heard nothing since sending them in! My school are getting a bit antsy about wanting my resignation so that they can advertise my post, but without an answer on visas they will have to wait!! I just keep hoping to get an email re phone interview.
Did your interview go OK? Hopefully you should get your decision in the next few days (how exciting!!). Are you aiming to teach primary or secondary when you get out there?
Karen
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 2:37 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

...and we have heard nothing since sending them in!
Did you get confirmation that they arrived safely???
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Hi there,
Yes I checked via Special Deivery tracking plus also emailed CO to expect them, so fairly sure the additional documents arrived mid Jan. While we have resigned ourselves to the fact it is a waiting game, having read how quickly other people have had a date for their interview I am now starting to worry! If I haven't heard by start of March I will probably email to ask why we haven't had any contact!
Karen
Old Feb 24th 2010, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by viv jones
Hiya
I read your link with interest as my OH and I have arrived in Auckland three weeks ago and we are teachers looking for work. We have been around 22 of the local schools in person clutching CV and references etc. I sent my details off to Education Personnel sometime before we left and made contact again last week vie their email system but I have heard nothing at all from them.
Once you had signed up via their website did they get back to you and what was the time scale please? They say on their site they contact the reference people provided on the CV and I know these will be really good for us so I cannot see why we have not heard anything!!!
Thanks
Hi there - my dh got his job through them - so pleased with them on one hand. I got my job myself (we are both teachers) and when he got to his job, they said the aganecy hadn't really promoted me (they later offered me a job through dh, but was too late!) So mixed bag with them.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, I don't know what's holding them up as our medicals are all passed. When she initially made contact she requested a few further bits of paperwork to add to the application, and we have heard nothing since sending them in! My school are getting a bit antsy about wanting my resignation so that they can advertise my post, but without an answer on visas they will have to wait!! I just keep hoping to get an email re phone interview.
Did your interview go OK? Hopefully you should get your decision in the next few days (how exciting!!). Are you aiming to teach primary or secondary when you get out there?
Karen
Hey Karen

This is really odd, I can't understand what the problem could be. I had the email introducing my CO on Saturday, asking for more papers, just like you. My interview was on that Monday - and I had an email to say that I had my PR on the Thursday. My passports came a week later.
I found my CO very helpful - maybe you could ring up and see if there is a problem. It could be something really simple that could be fixed over the phone.

I have a job at Macleans College in Auckland, which is year 9 up. It seems like a fab school, so i am very lucky!

let us know how it goes !

jacqui

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.