When to submit EOI

Old Jun 19th 2011, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

allisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really nice
Default When to submit EOI

Hi all,

when is the best time to do the above? I have completed it online as far as I can.

I'll be registering also with the nursing council; so my question is do I get registered with them first then submit the EOI?

I have my ielts and am about to send for police checks to do NZNC reg; but have read that if i get ITA my police checks shouldn't be more than 3 months old.

Aarrgg.....which order to do things??

I'm hoping to get PR then concentrate on finding jobs etc.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dunfermline, Scotland soon to be North Shore Auckland
Lejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant future
Default Re: When to submit EOI

Hi,

OK the police checks last 6months and the medical lasts 3 months.

If you have over the necessary points (I think 140) then your name is automatically picked out the pool (this is done every 2 weeks), then you have 4 months to get everything else - inc medicals, proof of qualifications, police checks etc. How long does it take to get the NZNC registration coz if its only a couple of months and it doesn't gain you extra points for the EOI I'd wait till after you get the ITA. We are in and my OH still has to get a job - we're waiting for our house to sell so we have better idea of when we'll be moving.

I'd also check out the immigration website as all the info is there and fairly easy to find. as I'm not sure if nursing has any extra stuff to get. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/live/

Good luck
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:47 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
You need to be registered with the Nursing Council in order to claim bonus points for a profession that is on the LTSSL. If you haven't got >140 pts then those bonus points will get you selected much quicker [have a look at the History of Selection Points to see what I mean]
So you will need registration when you send your ITA back - you don't need to prove anything at the EOI stage. I did my occupational registration once I'd received my ITA but had sent off all the documents and had everything in place ready to activate before then. I don't know how long it takes for nursing registration to be sorted-there are plenty of nurses on here so do a search or start a new thread on this.
Lejamez is correct, Police checks last 6m and medicals only 3m. You haven't got a job offer so you may as well wait until you receive your ITA to do the meds, check out the local panel doctors and ask about their waiting lists. Three months isn't a lot of leeway if other parts of the application end up taking longer and they're expensive so you don't want to have to repeat them.
Do your Police checks as late as you can, they shouldn't take more than about 10d to be returned.
Hope this helps
P
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

allisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really nice

Hiya,

I need police checks to be able to do nurse registration.

It's all about getting the timings right!

If I get granted PR.......how long do I get to activate it etc?
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:25 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I see!
How long will it take to get nursing registration? That seems to be the main limiting factor. You don't need it to submit an EOI but will need it for your ITA.
Your EOI should be selected fairly quickly, I am assuming that you have bonus pts for work experience in an area of skills shortage.
Once your EOI is selected then NZIS will assess your pts total and if they are happy with it then send out an ITA. You have 4m to return this to NZIS with all your documents. The London office are then saying it will take up to 5months from them receiving your ITA to them making a decision maximum time to allocation and then being processed if no problems found. This is if no job offer in place.

If you get granted residency you have six months to send your passports and the migrant levy to NZIS. You then receive a resident visa with travel conditions lasting for two years and have 12 months in which to activate the visa by entering NZ. So if you want or need to stretch it all out you have about 18m to get to NZ!

You can be granted a Permanent Resident Visa after your first resident visa expires [as long as certain conditions are met]

You can be granted a 'Work to Residence' visa instead of residency if NZIS feel that you may not settle in NZ. I have known this be given to those who cannot gainn occupational registration prior to starting work. You then have 3m to get the visas and only another 3m to enter NZ where you are issued with a 9m work visa in order to find work. You can gain residency 3m after starting work. Don't worry about this but best to know that it does exist.

Hope this helps. Think you need some of the nurses to answer you
P
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Persephone.....one of the best replies I've had to a question.

That's really made it clearer for me......am going to ask the question re time scales of nurse registration.....then hopefull tie it all together for the police checks if I get an ITA.

I feel clearer now; especially the 12 month activation for the visa....any reason for another trip to NZ to check places out and make some contacts!

Brilliant! Thanks again.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

bumba is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by allisonwantstoemigrate

That's really made it clearer for me......am going to ask the question re time scales of nurse registration.....then hopefull tie it all together for the police checks if I get an ITA.

I feel clearer now; especially the 12 month activation for the visa....any reason for another trip to NZ to check places out and make some contacts!

Brilliant! Thanks again.
i am a software engineer have 6 years work experience, plan to claim 15 bonus point for job experience.

For that purpose should i do any occupational registration or only employer reference letter will fine?
Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:58 am
Queen of the Underworld

Do you need occupational registration? I suspect you don't, it is something certain professions need in order to work and not just apply for immigration. It would be illegal for me to do my job without a current practising certificate and registration. That's not something that applies to software engineering as far as I know.

Last edited by Persephone; Jun 21st 2011 at 11:09 am.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 11:06 am
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by allisonwantstoemigrate

Brilliant! Thanks again.
Well thank you very much

Glad it made sense. To add to the above; you can activate your visa on a visit and then you have 2 years on your resident visa to come and go to NZ as you wish and still enter NZ as a resident. This can theoretically add another 2 years onto your permanent moving date.
If you do this then you will not fulfill the conditions for a permanent resident visa but would get another one with travel conditions once your 2y one expires. You would get these until you could fulfill conditions for a permanent one. Most people would not want to extend it for that long of course...