when should we fill in our EOI

Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: when should we fill in our EOI

Hello, Not sure of the answer on how much money you will need, it all depends on what and how you live and what you expect from life - just save as much as you can and do your research.

As for when to submit your EOI, I would do it now, it can take a few weeks to get picked from the pool and the it can take 4 months+ to receive your ITA (invitation to Apply) and then you have 3 months to return your ITA and then a few months after that to be granted your visa, then once you have been granted visa you have 6 months in which to submit your passports for the visas to be put in and then you have a year from the insertion date to arrive in NZ.

People have found it to be a long process and some short (see my timeline), but it all depends on immigration on how busy they are.

Sorry if this is confusing for you but it really is how long is a piece of string, but good luck when you do go for it.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Di and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really niceDi and Ste is just really nice

Hi everyone
I wondered if you could advise me???
Myself and my family are looking to head out to NZ in 2 years time so I just wondered when we should start getting the ball rolling???

I know this is a cheeky question but how much money do you think we would need to have saved up before we go? We are hoping to go to Auckland, well that is the plan so far, my husband is an IT programmer / manager . system developer / networker bla bla bla and I'm a child minder so my hubby will be the one who we hope gets enough points as I don't think child minders are needed!!!!! we will be renting first, we have 3 children, 12 year old, 8 year old and 11 month old so will need a 4 bedroom home. I have been looking at rented accommodation and it looks brilliant compared to what you get over here!!!! Not sure what the wage is like for IT but I will start looking into that!

anyway thanks for your help

thank you sooo much for your help I will have a look at the EOI now as I am having a go at doing it myself!!!! hee hee

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 11th 2009 at 7:25 am. Reason: simply merge posts
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

kimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Di and Ste
thank you sooo much for your help I will have a look at the EOI now as I am having a go at doing it myself!!!! hee hee
Hi

I would also say start filling it in now. You can do it online and save it and then keep going back to it. We did ours ourselves and it was ok. You can also start to get stuff together such as copies of birth certificates (have to be the long ones), marriage certificates, and have qualifications verified by NZQA (see their website for more details).

Good luck, i'm sure you will have no problems, just ask on this site if you need help.

Kim
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

what changed your mind from Australia out of interest