Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

When I have a work visa in my hands .......?

When I have a work visa in my hands .......?

Old May 16th 2008, 11:13 am
Tracey and Chris

traceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to all
Default When I have a work visa in my hands .......?

Hi,
Just a quick question I am hoping someone can help me with!
Am i right in thinking that once I am in possession of a temporary work visa I have a certain amount of time before I have to arrive in New Zealand?
I think I read somewhere on the forum that there is a date on the visa by which time you have to be there. If this is correct - how long do they usually give you?
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Old May 18th 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When I have a work visa in my hands .......?

Originally Posted by traceyandchris View Post
Hi,
Just a quick question I am hoping someone can help me with!
Am i right in thinking that once I am in possession of a temporary work visa I have a certain amount of time before I have to arrive in New Zealand?
I think I read somewhere on the forum that there is a date on the visa by which time you have to be there. If this is correct - how long do they usually give you?
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Hi Tracey&Chris.

I've hunted out my passport and taken a gander at our original temporary work visas.

What you will see is a large blue sticker, passport page size.

The first line has two dates:-

the date of issue and a 'must not arrive after' date.

Our date of issue was May 2004. The 'must not arrive after was ' June 2006.

We had applied for a two year work visa.

From this it would seem that whatever the length of your work visa , it is that amount of time you have in which to arrive and start work in NZ. Of course, once it expires , you apply for another work permit.

With a work permit , the requirement to purchase a return air ticket or onward passage is waived.
Old May 27th 2008, 8:50 am
Tracey and Chris

traceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to all
Default Re: When I have a work visa in my hands .......?

Hey - thanks for this Bev! Thats one more thing I can tick off my list!