Whats the process please?

Old Aug 25th 2009, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

loulou13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats the process please?

Hi all, total newbie here and you all seem so informative & friendly!
Just wondered if anyone can guide me at all? My hubby has a Indefinate Returning Residence Visa, would he be able to sponsor me if we decided to go live? We are in the Uk at present. Unfortunately I am registered disabled, will this have an overall affect on the process? Many thanks in advance, much more to ask too! Thanks.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:12 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the process please?

Hi & welcome

Sorry cannot answer your question, hopefully someone in the know will come along

Dewb
Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:25 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loulou13
Just wondered if anyone can guide me at all? My hubby has a Indefinate Returning Residence Visa, would he be able to sponsor me if we decided to go live? We are in the Uk at present. Unfortunately I am registered disabled, will this have an overall affect on the process? Many thanks in advance, much more to ask too! Thanks.
Hi & welcome from us too.
Think, (hope someone will correct if wrong!) Your husband has to be a NZ citizen and have lived there for ? yrs to be able to sponsor partner.
See NZIS site for eligibility to sponsor ...
Your disability, unfortunately, may have an effect on acceptance, assuming he could sponsor you, have a look at handbook for medical practioners ...again can be found on NZIS site.... but then again there are such things as medical waivers... for you & your plans HTH
B x
PS Just remembered legalities of giving immi. advice and add that this info has been gained from own experience and not immigration advice per say!

Last edited by MnB; Aug 25th 2009 at 10:16 pm. Reason: Added excuse!
Old Aug 25th 2009, 10:17 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Why thankyou.

Just wondered if anyone can guide me at all? My hubby has a Indefinate Returning Residence Visa, would he be able to sponsor me if we decided to go live? We are in the Uk at present.
Depends on quite a few things to be honest .

For instance how long has he held a Permanent Residency visa. Not the IRRV but the PR visa . Did he spend at least 183 days of each of the first three years of holding PR actually living and working in New Zealand?

How did he gain his PR?

Please have a good browse around these NZIS pages. (click the link) They explain what the requirements are.

Unfortunately I am registered disabled, will this have an overall affect on the process?
I would expect that it would given what other people have written of their experiences. There is a requirement to have an acceptable standard of health as set down by NZIS.

Now , I realise that being registered disabled doesn't necessarily mean that one has a poor standard of health. It will all depend on why you are registered disabled , prognosis of whatever the condition is and possible costs to the NZ health system.

Where there is a question over this health requirement , the application is referred for further consideration.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

loulou13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, just a quick response, please be patient as I only get onto a pc a couple of times a week!Hubby lived & worked in NZ for aprox 10years in total but never applied for citizenship, just was able to renew his Indefinate Returning Residence Visa in his passport- with full intentions of returning. Since then he actually returned to UK to bury his mother, luck hasn't been on our side since with other immediate family deaths, etc which has thwarted returning big style. I myself have only been disabled since 2007 due to a bad accident but have no further treatment now. (spinal injury)
I will read up on the areas you have all noted & by reading this forum it seems like it takes a long time for anything to be decided anyway!? I suppose I am trying to find out if it's me that would hold back his heart felt dream to return