British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   whats going on in London immigration!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/whats-going-london-immigration-619252/)

hjmilligan Jul 10th 2009 2:24 am

whats going on in London immigration!!!

Been reading through some of your threads about timescales for PR.
Well im astonished on how long people have to wait for a CO,the ones with a job offer anyway,some people are gettin CO with no job offer and 140 points and others havent heard a thing and they got 160+ points and a job offer and nothing :eek: Surely there is a system in place over there.
Not knocking anyone who has heard very quickley but the ones who have gone to alot of trouble and secured a job offer and are at risk of losing the offer cause immigration in London cant be bothered to check peoples files!!! The whole system bewilders me :huh::huh:

Helen x

alanmacc Jul 13th 2009 3:28 am

Re: whats going on in London immigration!!!

Originally Posted by hjmilligan (Post 7738956)
Been reading through some of your threads about timescales for PR.
Well im astonished on how long people have to wait for a CO,the ones with a job offer anyway,some people are gettin CO with no job offer and 140 points and others havent heard a thing and they got 160+ points and a job offer and nothing :eek: Surely there is a system in place over there.
Not knocking anyone who has heard very quickley but the ones who have gone to alot of trouble and secured a job offer and are at risk of losing the offer cause immigration in London cant be bothered to check peoples files!!! The whole system bewilders me :huh::huh:

Helen x

Do what I did, get the phone number for the head chappie, from memory his name was Kevin and phone him directly ......... worked for us!

hjmilligan Jul 14th 2009 7:20 am

Thanks will pass on that to sister who is going through hell with london at the moment.
Helen

Originally Posted by alanmacc (Post 7747239)
Do what I did, get the phone number for the head chappie, from memory his name was Kevin and phone him directly ......... worked for us!

LOHDYNA Jul 14th 2009 8:49 am

They recieved our ITA on 8th May and we still havn't heard a thing and our job offer is for Aug. Feel in limbo, I emailed them a month ago and was told we are in the system. Would this be a reason to call the head chappie or does anyone have any other ideas. Like you I have read on here that some have heard already and they were recieved after us:confused:

127luton Jul 14th 2009 8:54 am

Originally Posted by LOHDYNA (Post 7750720)
They recieved our ITA on 8th May and we still havn't heard a thing and our job offer is for Aug. Feel in limbo, I emailed them a month ago and was told we are in the system. Would this be a reason to call the head chappie or does anyone have any other ideas. Like you I have read on here that some have heard already and they were recieved after us:confused:

Hi there - it may be wise to give them a ring - especially with your job offers pending!
Good Luck!
Berni
xx

Matewx Jul 14th 2009 9:02 am

Hang in there! Be strong...

I just want to say that NZIS London are lucky that I wasnt living in London and that the trains B'ham-London dont come cheap otherwise I would have camped in their waiting lounge!!!

hjmilligan Jul 14th 2009 11:32 pm

Sis got CO now but her hubby's date to start work has passed,i just hope they get their butts in gear as losing a job offer cause of London immigration would be heartbreaking for her and she has waited so long and gone through the mill a bit,as im sure you all are!

Helen :confused: