What Visa would I need to go to NZ

Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

DTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really nice
Default What Visa would I need to go to NZ

Finally!!!!! my husband has accepted a job offer in Whangarei, Northland and need to be there by March 2008.

No problems for my husband as he would go on a talent visa supported by the Company which has employed him....the children will need to go on a student visa.....but what would I go on as his wife????

Any help or ideas would be grateful

Many thanks

Tina

By the way anyone who has transported cats..... I would love to hear which company you used as the cheapest quote so far for 2 cats has been1,600 GB for two....is this ok????
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:44 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: What Visa would I need to go to NZ

Originally Posted by DTHarrop
Finally!!!!! my husband has accepted a job offer in Whangarei, Northland and need to be there by March 2008.

No problems for my husband as he would go on a talent visa supported by the Company which has employed him....the children will need to go on a student visa.....but what would I go on as his wife????
You will get an open work visa allowing you to work at whatever for whomever. Your visa will be valid for the same length of time as your husband's. You will need to show NZIS evidence that you have been in a genuine relationship for at least twelve months.
That's easy. What else do you have?

By the way anyone who has transported cats..... I would love to hear which company you used as the cheapest quote so far for 2 cats has been1,600 GB for two....is this ok????
That sounds about right. I don't have any dogs or cats but my understanding is that it will cost you mucho dinero to bring your cat or dog.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

DTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really nice

Many thanks for your reply

Do you know the name of the form???as we have both search the immigration website and can't find a thing!!

Also are we right about the student visas for the children. They are age 7 & 5

Regards

Tina
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Do you know the name of the form???as we have both search the immigration website and can't find a thing!!

Regards

Tina
Hi Tina

The form for you is the same as for your husband. I think you fill in the family part based on your partnership with him (but I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong).

You're right about the children and the student visa. We are doing something very similar.

Good luck
Alison
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:15 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Regards

Tina
You want this form.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...8FA/0/1015.pdf
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

fantastic!!

better than the immigration consultants.....you have saved a few headaches in this household

many thanks again

Tina
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:56 pm

fantastic!!

better than the immigration consultants...
many thanks again

Tina
A sight cheaper too!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

sananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: What Visa would I need to go to NZ

Do kids get free school education whilst on a temp work visa?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Come to think about it I am unsure, I thought if you were on a visa - WTR then they would be entitled to state funded education.

Great if anyone who knows could let us know.....I will try and find out

Tina
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by sananddave
Do kids get free school education whilst on a temp work visa?
Yes, your kids will have the same opportunities for education in primary and secondary schools with no extraordinary costs. There are the usual uniform costs and assorted fees. As work permit holders or for those on WTR your children will be treated the same as residents or citizens. However, if your child plans tertiary study you will be dinged for international student fees.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

sananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: What Visa would I need to go to NZ

Cheers for that - just thought I saw in a thread some time ago a mention of school fees if not got residency and only on work visa,same as have to pay all medical costs if not got residency - is this wrong or right?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by sananddave
Cheers for that - just thought I saw in a thread some time ago a mention of school fees if not got residency and only on work visa,same as have to pay all medical costs if not got residency - is this wrong or right?
Yes and no. Everyone in New Zealand is covered by the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC). If you have an accident you will get treatment, regardless of your status here in New Zealand. For example, two-and-a-half years ago (I was still on a work permit at that stage) I broke my ankle ice skating and I had to go to hospital to have the whole mess screwed back together. The ambulance, the hospitalisation and the physiotherapy ended up costing me zilch, nada, not a brass razoo.
For other things like taking in a kid for ear infection you will pay. Dentistry is also something you'll have to pull the wallet out for.

I hope this helps.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:21 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Some Pet Carriers

We used AIRPETS up at Heathrow.
They walked us through the procedure and the cats arrived in NZ safe, sound healthy , if a little bored. I have to say that the staff there were superb and so helpful.

There is also
GOLDEN ARROW They don't seem to have a website but the telephone number is 01588 680240. They are in Shropshire. There have been very many good reports about these Pet Carriers.

LADYHAYE is another
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Fab..... I will contact them now for a quote.......I do worry that they would be treated ok....nice to know peolpe have had a good experience.

Regards

T