what is a talent and what is a skill?

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

gemz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile what is a talent and what is a skill?

Hi we are going over to New Zealand next year probably on a work permit, but since discussing it with our family, my sis has mentioned that she would like to emigrate Nz. She is to old for working holiday and im trying to find out some info for her as she does not have the internet. So please, please share your wisdom on her scenario!!!!

She is a travel agent
Hubby is a barber
1 young child
Both in 30s

Aparantly barber goes under hairdresser, which is not classed as skill in NZ, how do you find out wot is?????? Is travel agent??????? What about a talent visa???? What is classed as a talent??? From wot i gather they can get a work permit, but how would they get PR without a skill????
Soo confusing!!!!!
gemz

P.s im gonna drop a note in the australia forum as apparently hairdressing is classed as a skill in australia so maybe that is a option for them, if they cant do NZ
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:16 pm
It Was Here This Morning

Want2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really nice
Default Re: what is a talent and what is a skill?

Originally Posted by gemz
Hi we are going over to New Zealand next year probably on a work permit, but since discussing it with our family, my sis has mentioned that she would like to emigrate Nz. She is to old for working holiday and im trying to find out some info for her as she does not have the internet. So please, please share your wisdom on her scenario!!!!

She is a travel agent
Hubby is a barber
1 young child
Both in 30s

Aparantly barber goes under hairdresser, which is not classed as skill in NZ, how do you find out wot is?????? Is travel agent??????? What about a talent visa???? What is classed as a talent??? From wot i gather they can get a work permit, but how would they get PR without a skill????
Soo confusing!!!!!
gemz

P.s im gonna drop a note in the australia forum as apparently hairdressing is classed as a skill in australia so maybe that is a option for them, if they cant do NZ
Hi try this website for the all your queries http://www.immigration.govt.nz/
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 11:04 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what is a talent and what is a skill?

Your sisters job is certainly on the immediate skills shortage list, so long as she has at least 4 years experience ( and qualification too probably) which means she could go as principal applicant on a skilled migrant visa, enabling them to go foe residency.

Her OH is then free to work in whatever job he wishes too, but I don't think he'll struggle to find work as a barber

Look on here and see if they qualify to submit an EOI. They need a minimum of 100 points.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/

Air New Zealand have their own travel agency here and if you google travel agency vacancies for NZ, this is what you come up with

http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en...cr%3DcountryNZ

HTH