What should we do any advise???

Old Oct 28th 2007, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

lou summers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What should we do any advise???

My husband and I are hoping to move to NZ for a year next Sept with the possibility of moving permanently. But not sure what the best way forward is. I'm 30 and work in the dental profession so it shouldn't be too difficult to get a job my husband is 33 and works as a civil servant. We are unsure whether we want to continue in our professions in NZ during the year.
There is a company called Bunac that we have been in touch with, that offer visa's for up to 35yrs old for a year, but of course they do charge you a lot of pennies for the privilege.
Has anyone had any experience of Bunac?
We are currently trying to explore all possible ways of entering NZ to work during this period. So any advice would be great.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 7:49 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: What should we do any advise???

I don't see the point of paying someone to work in New Zealand. If you don't mind a bit of a punt you can come here and get granted a six month visitor permit and search for work. If you get a job offer in a skill shortage area or if the employer can demonstrate to New Zealand Immigration Service (NZIS) that no suitable local Kiwis could be found for the work you can get a temporary work permit. It isn't against the law to look for work whilst on a visitor permit, but do be aware that it is illegal to work without some sort of work permit.

If the work permit is less than one year you will not need to get police clearances nor medicals. If longer, you will. With a job offer and New Zealand experience, if you decide to later apply for permanent residency (PR) you will stand a much better chance of having a positive outcome. There are some details that will have to be ironed out, to be sure, but that's the short form.

Fire off any more questions if you want.

Good luck with it all.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:58 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What should we do any advise???

Dental assistant ; Technician ; Therapist and Dentist itself is on the New Zealand Immigration Services immediate shortage list.

Two links for you to contact.

Dentists Association New Zealand

Dental Council New Zealand

As HappyNZ states, find a job and apply for a work permit. If you choose to stay - move onto applying for PR. Permanent Residency.

If you really want to come out on just a working holiday visas , you can do so without paying BUNAC money.
Find your own work and simply apply for the working holiday visa direct through the NZIS website. Working Holiday VISA scheme tells you how and gives links to looking for these types of temp. jobs.